• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Royale 500 adjust

Just a quick question, is it possible to add boss hammer weight on regulated pressure 150 bar on my royale...already I replaced valve pin and seat with SHP, installed Hp kit from Hurricane, stock bolt is M6, but velocity with this settings with 25.4 jsb dont go over 900fps, is it possible that I have lighter hammer weight ?

The Royale hammerweight is 177gr or so and i believe the Boss one is 207, if you want to experiment with more weight you can remove the hammer and weight. Take a 14-18gr pellet and put it on the hammer on the inside, then use the Royale weight on top of it. Tap on the weight forcing the pellet flat. You then have a heavier hammerweight. The squished pellet should stay put between the hammer and weight and is removeable through those side holes in the hammer. (Using a pick or something to pull it out).

Hope that makes sense, cheap and easy way to experiment with different hammer weights.

Heres what they look like after squishing, flat lead discs. 

1550757044_18560319105c6eacb4197463.34326005_20190221_055208.jpg

Probably a port is small somewhere, have you opened up the transfer port in the brass barrel inlet a bit?

I don't like the boss hammerweight in the royale, it doesnt sound right. (To me)

I have a Royale as well and can get the kings to 950 with stock hammerweight and reg at 150-155, but ive opened up the transfer port a bit. Was it originally a low power model or just an older model?

No, I try it, I have a boss and a royale, I exchange the hammer weight and nothing , my 25 heavy was always around 845 fps.So I begin to check why and discover the port between the plenium and the valve pin was smaller than 5mm. I empty the action take my dremel with a small grounding stone pass thru the stock attchement and enlarge that port carefully around 5mm, clean with brake cleaner and blow air a few times. Huma regulator at 150 bar , hammer weight 3/4 turn back from end and now the 33.95 grain at and average of 885 fps.

If you do it , take your time to enlarge, better less than to much.

With some mods to my "originally" LP, unregulated R500, I have mine shooting just a tad over 900fps with the Heavies at 160bar. The unregulated early version had a 195gr hammer weight to compensate for the higher unregulated pressures. I kept this hammer in place. From it's original LP state I added a HP valve and seat, opened up the transfer port between the valve and plenum space, which required replacing the stock stud fitting and added a regulator which I just recently swapped out to a Boss Huma regulator which gave me more plenum space. My most recent mod was to open up the transfer port between the valve and the barrel to Boss specs (6.5MM)and increase the barrel port by elongating it. This mod forced me to re-tap the barrel set screw to 8mm. At 165bar I have reached 920fps with the heavies but have settled with the regulator set at the above 158-160bar.

Jking

I’m getting 920-930 fps with the 25,4 JSB from my .25 barreled FX elite 400 (original .22)

My regulator (HUMA) is set at 135-140bar. All the rest same as your setup.

SHP valve and valve seat.

Transfer port opened to 5 mm.

Hammer spring FX No 11500 (didn’t change, same as in .22)

Hammer + hammer weight FX No 19039 + 11540 (didn’t change, same as in .22)

Check the alignment between the transfer port and the barrel inlet.

No, I try it, I have a boss and a royale, I exchange the hammer weight and nothing , my 25 heavy was always around 845 fps.So I begin to check why and discover the port between the plenium and the valve pin was smaller than 5mm. I empty the action take my dremel with a small grounding stone pass thru the stock attchement and enlarge that port carefully around 5mm, clean with brake cleaner and blow air a few times. Huma regulator at 150 bar , hammer weight 3/4 turn back from end and now the 33.95 grain at and average of 885 fps.

If you do it , take your time to enlarge, better less than to much.

But what was thread size of stock attach bolt in your case M5 or M6 ??

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Royale 500 for a friend. This gun had been shortened years ago and was shooting the 25.4 at 880 max for him but he wants it turned up. I just rebuilt the reg and with factory hammer spring maxed out I'm getting 935 with the 25.4. Took me a couple tries to get it set right since I dont have a reg tester. The valve has a slow leak so I'm waiting on that to get here before i do any more testing and wasting air. Btw, this is an older 500 without the power adjuster and a chopped barrel . It does have a top hat weight inside the hammer. I have not weighed it.

Also mine has the M6 bolt, and SHP valve in it. 

I'm pretty sure mine had a M5 due to it being a early version, non regulated and no power adjuster. The first mod I did was drill that out, all the way upward and re-tap it for the regular HP Royale stock bolt fitting, probably 6mm,. Looking at my more recent notes when I opened up the top side I drilled it to 6.65mm which is what a Boss is. Then I had to tap and thread that hole to 8mm for a the new barrel set screw. I wish I'd kept exact notes along the way dang it.

BTW, here is a link to some of the original mods. It was definitely a good learning process.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/supercharged-my-fx500-royale-thanks-weatherby/

jk

I'm pretty sure mine had a M5 due to it being a early version, non regulated and no power adjuster. The first mod I did was drill that out, all the way upward and re-tap it for the regular HP Royale stock bolt fitting, probably 6mm,. Looking at my more recent notes when I opened up the top side I drilled it to 6.65mm which is what a Boss is. Then I had to tap and thread that hole to 8mm for a the new barrel set screw. I wish I'd kept exact notes along the way dang it.

BTW, here is a link to some of the original mods. It was definitely a good learning process.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/supercharged-my-fx500-royale-thanks-weatherby/

jk

Ok, checked, my port from above barrel to valve pin is 4.5mm include power wheel, only top thread which hold barrel is 5mm hole, brass inlet also 5mm but doesnt make sense because other holes are 4.5 from valve to barrel, my question, does it need to be drilled 5 mm all the way to valve include power wheel ??