• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ROT 2023 Results

They were super nice folks ! All the members I met this weekend were very nice folks !
I'll pass this along. ASC is a great facility with very friendly and hard working members. They weren't just on their best behavior for the match, this is how they are every day. If anyone in the DFW area wants info about joining the club, send me a PM.

Reactions: davit66
I'll try and keep this short because I'm sure I'll lose some of you after the first few sentences.
This was, as RoT's before it, a very well oiled machine that came off without a hitch with mucho thanks to Jeff Cloud (and his sidekick Scott).
He has a true blue blood passion for Field Target. Without a doubt he spent many, many countless hours behind the scenes making phone calls, sending emails, orchestrating this Mega annual event. Two excellent lunch venues, THOUSANDS of $$$$ in prizes and awards, targets that worked (almost) flawlessly, Even the weather was cooperative (except for a light wind a few rain drops).
And he did ALL this, not for himself but for the shooters who come to his events.

I'll try and keep this short because I'm sure I'll lose some of you after the first few sentences.
This was, as RoT's before it, a very well oiled machine that came off without a hitch with mucho thanks to Jeff Cloud (and his sidekick Scott).
He has a true blue blood passion for Field Target. Without a doubt he spent many, many countless hours behind the scenes making phone calls, sending emails, orchestrating this Mega annual event. Two excellent lunch venues, THOUSANDS of $$$$ in prizes and awards, targets that worked (almost) flawlessly, Even the weather was cooperative (except for a light wind a few rain drops).
And he did ALL this, not for himself but for the shooters who come to his events.

Dave seeming somewhat less liar than those NOTHERR Yankees (North-Of-The-Red-River), much as I hate to agree with any Okie (not to be confused with Annie Oakley), guess I have to this time.

Jeff and Scott are definitely like a dream-team; only 'differnt'. It's hard to put into words their orchestration; but a few things come to mind.

"Like a well-oiled latrine." "Poultry in motion."

Rhythmic Gymnast teams got nothing on these two; including the outfits. Trust me.:unsure:

No, really. Trust me!:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, Jeff and Scott did, and do, a fantastic job running these FT shows at a fantastic venue. GREAT JOB, GENTLEMEN! We are blessed to have such a great FT resource in north Texas.

Even if it is within driving distance of Oklahoma.:eek:

You didn't really expect me to be serious more than a few seconds, did you?

Damn, we had a lotta fun last weekend!:D

Dave, the only targets that didn't work flawlessly were those that you hit with a pellet split on the edge of the KZ. IMO, they worked as intended! Dang Okies...

Reactions: OkAirgunner
The Republic of Texas Championship and Grand Prix Jamboree got off to a bang today. We had 15 Hunter Pistol shooters on a mild and overcast day. We also had a few people that are shooting the rifle match this weekend come out and help. A big thanks to Kirk and James Darroch and Pablo for helping with the course, Terri and the ladies for holding down the fort and Griff for taking on dog walking duties. We had one cold line that was a disputed target which was resolved amicably in the targets favor. Jeff and I put a lot of thought and effort into this match (I was more on the effort side of things) and I don't think Day 1 could have gone better.

With the ideal conditions, Jeff Cloud shot a 53 of 56 with his new RAW pistol. I have it on good authority that the pistol was doing the heavy lifting.
Ron Robinson and Paul Bracaglia rounded out 2nd and 3rd. Here is the scoreboard and some photos. This weekend should be some fine shooting conditions.

View attachment 407300
View attachment 407301
The good time crew

View attachment 407302
Ron shooting at a target that's almost as old as his gun

View attachment 407303
Post match lying session. Billy (back left) was just informed that I would NOT be paying for his steak.
I believe Ron is showing David the salt shaker taco hold. Jim B and Jeff are being too polite to tell Jim C that they can't understand his accent.
I didn't get an after photo of everyone in a steak coma because I was in a steak coma.
What .... LSU shirts :oops: at Republic of Texas Championship and Grand Prix Jamboree 😁 , hope they brought Gumbo.

ThomasT

with my bummed up knee , maybe ill talk to the doc and get 12 or 16 weeks of therapy to get my sorry a// in some sort of shape to do FT .
You do realize it is not the most athletic of endevours? Unless you shot WFTF class, that one requires some flexibility and the ability to get up off the ground repeatedly. We were discussing ways of mounting a hoist to a gun cart to help with that.

Reactions: beerthief
A few more photos from the ROT.

IMG_1601.jpeg

Jim Byrd shooting an awesome antique.

IMG_1603.jpeg

On the other end of the pistol spectrum, Jeff Cloud shooting his new RAW pistol. Nice!

IMG_1604.jpeg

Dave Cole shooting his ‘loaner’ Benjamin.

IMG_1611.jpeg

Sight in for the Day 1 Rifle FT.

IMG_1613.jpeg

A sweet looking MAC 1 airgun.

IMG_1616.jpeg

A beautiful start to Day 1 of the Rifle evernt Saturday.

IMG_1623.jpeg

An offering to the rain gods on Sunday morning. It worked!

IMG_1618.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Podna and ThomasT
Hey Jeff,
Looks like you guys had a great shoot. I even recognise some of those faces.
.......but, because our match started on Thursday, and finished on Saturday, we have the first GP match of the season.
......sorry, LOL
Mark
Oh I guess you’re right. LOL we didn’t even know you would have one when we posted about ours back in July.