Romanian surplus airrifles for under $50

I remember back when the Chinese were selling B3-1's and KL3B rifles for $19.99 or $29.99, or whatever the price was. They were crudely made, low end rifles, but they were all wood and steel and considering the price they were a screaming deal.

The problem with this kind of rifle is that you'll likely get it, shoot it a bit for the experience and then maybe decide to fix or tune it as a project. After that however chances are you'll never shoot it again or even want to. Even refinished and tuned it's going to be just another low end rifle.

These UMC Pioneer rifles were offered by an importer 20+ years ago for around $10 but as I recall if you bought enough the price was $2.50 each. At the time they became jokingly known as "tomato stake guns" because they were cheap enough to prop up garden plants. A copy of the Diana 15, if you get a decent one it can be a worthwhile kid's plinker.

Don R.

• Haha
Reactions: RIshooter
After discovering PCP many years ago, the thought of another springer makes me cringe!
Springers are great fun and a good test of your skills.
I broke one out tonight for S&G and hit the bull 5 times in a row, then couldn't hit it for the next 7 shots. They really test your timing and patience. ✌️😊

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
Springers are great fun and a good test of your skills.
I broke one out tonight for S&G and hit the bull 5 times in a row, then couldn't hit it for the next 7 shots. They really test your timing and patience. ✌️😊
Im glad you still enjoy springers!
Years ago, I enjoyed the simplicity of a TX200.
In my mind, Lewis and Clark were right all along!
Now, I offer absolutely no proof, but...
Its my belief that inexpensive optic (scope) compainies, secretly fund and promote the inexpensive springers, as it increases scope sales!
Enjoy your springer!