• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rolled the dice on the Taipan Mutant Shorty

Before I bought this gun I researched it extensively and I was pretty turned off about the subpar barrel (made in germany). So I had a conversation with Peter and he told me he had one gun that out shot most of the gun on stock. He was telling me it was doing 1/4 '' at 35 yards. So I had to decide on either waiting on a CZ barrel or go ahead and get this one. So I just told my self if this doesn't cut it I will just swap it out. I chrony the gun and it was shooting 18g jsb at 790 25 fpe which is perfect. I took it out for a plinking session and I was kinda surprised it was hitting half inch pebbles out to 50 yards. Finally I got some range time and at 50 yards it was shooting 1/2'' most of the time and averages 3/4'' but not over 1''. When it was time to take it to the 100 yards I was kinda nervous because it might tell the true story. My first group was about two inches but I noticed three of the pellets were touching each other. The next two groups was at 1 1/2 '' with four pellets with in 1''. Just glad I don't have to spend more money to make this gun accurate. I hope nothing changes.