RMAC supplies

I’ve been looking at all the RMAC threads & it has me wanting to go next year if I’m able to. So what kind of stuff needs to be brought? In preparation for next years what would I need to bring with me? What would I need to make I need? I’d like to compile a list that way I could make sure I have & if not maybe pick it up. I’ve never been to anything of the likes so I would be an extreme newbie!!!

For RMAC I brought a couple rifles, as I was shooting a few categories, if you have one rifle make sure to bring extra O-Rings. A good bipod or shooting rest for the front, shooting bag or rear sand bag. Air bottle, they have air supplied at the range but if you get there early etc it’s good to have your own just in case, and you can get your bottle filled there. Plenty of pellets and slugs (if shooting the slug event). I also carry a small tool kit to make adjustments to my rifles or if I need to make a quick repair. Rifle bag and some kind of small range bag to carry your rifle, ammo, etc. Snacks and water, and some cash for the food trucks. Oh and a sweatshirt or jacket because it gets cold in the morning. That’s about it…. If you forget something most likely someone will be willing to help. 

For RMAC I brought a couple rifles, as I was shooting a few categories, if you have one rifle make sure to bring extra O-Rings. A good bipod or shooting rest for the front, shooting bag or rear sand bag. Air bottle, they have air supplied at the range but if you get there early etc it’s good to have your own just in case, and you can get your bottle filled there. Plenty of pellets and slugs (if shooting the slug event). I also carry a small tool kit to make adjustments to my rifles or if I need to make a quick repair. Rifle bag and some kind of small range bag to carry your rifle, ammo, etc. Snacks and water, and some cash for the food trucks. Oh and a sweatshirt or jacket because it gets cold in the morning. That’s about it…. If you forget something most likely someone will be willing to help.

I appreciate it. This is the kinda info I was looking for. Watching all the videos is intimidating to me. 

I agree with all of feedback. The most important thing, just have fun! There are a lot of cool people there and quite a bit of knowledge...soak it up. If you do well, great. If you don't, have a good time, figure out what you need to do better and comeback next year! This was my first year and I had a blast. Looking forward to EBR and coming back to RMAC next year. -Dave

Outside of what others have said, a wagon helps cart your stuff around too. 

One other thing I'd recommend is just making sure you're aware of general range/firearm safety. 

Chamber flag is important, although sadly wasn't super enforced, neither was an action open requirement when transitioning/moving around (yes, it was talked about, but actual enforcement was light). I stopped counting how many times I was barrel swept. Sadly, some will give you the stink eye for gently reminding them about firearm handling safety. I've never seen so many rifles pointed in the wrong direction (even by some of the big names out there). 😬

With the advancements made in this sport, this is no longer a 'red ryder' situation. This was really the only thing I felt detracted from the event--other than that, it was a blast!