RMAC, PYRAMID AIR, ETC ETC

Coming from a guy that started just last year as it was my first, my advice to you is to attend one of these and just watch. You’re welcome to participate should you so choose to, but spend time watching what other competitors are using for equipment. It’s best to ask one of the attendees for input, rather than videos, which are mainly geared for the sole purpose of marketing aftermarket products.

A recent video put out on a recent event, how many times are you going to ask competitors what the airmarksman backbone rail is for? See what I mean? Just go ask someone yourself.

Next, you’re gonna have to evaluate your own equipment. If your platform isn’t capable of landing inside the 8,9, and 10 rings consistently, you’re gonna struggle staying in the 200 and up scores.

Evaluate yourself as a shooter. Are you willing to do the necessary homework and admit your flaws? And change?

Evaluate yourself as a service tech to your own equipment. Are you able to self diagnose problems not only on pcp function but also addressing shooting flaws caused by parts within your equipment? You must want to do these things, and if not, be willing to pay someone to do this for you.

Next is just putting in the time, learning wind and how it affects your shot. Know that you’re easily gonna be shooting in excess of 8K pellets in about 5 months of practicing.

Ive only been into this a little over a year, so know the advice I’m giving you is coming from a student learning as I go. Just thought I’d share with you things ive had to come to terms with when I made the decision to come back the following year.

Good luck. Hopefully the more seasoned folks will chime in

Bigragu , post #2 wonderful post honest info . specially about pellets think about it , one tin is 500 pellets 2 tins is 1K so 2 tins a week for 8 weeks
then again, you do not need to compete to win . You can just compete to have fun, enjoy the crowd ,meet others that share similar interest's .

Pa this year is my first big event and bigragu hit the nail on the head! There’s a whole lot involved in trying to get a pellet to go 100 yards and hit the 10 ring 25 times in a row! Even just the mental side if you have never competed in a shooting comp before can really screw up your day! Go watch or shoot but have fun if you can keep it fun you’ll have a good time if you get too serious you’ll get upset and be done! Fun is the key

then again, you do not need to compete to win . You can just compete to have fun, enjoy the crowd ,meet others that share similar interest's .
Yes, for sure! The two times I’ve gone I’ve met some stellar folks and shared some great laughs. I do enjoy just sitting down somewhere and watching, soaking it all in. I’ve learned a lot just by watching.

One of the comments I’ve really appreciated came from Kieth Gibson, whiskey 68, about having enough zoom power on your scope to see all pellet holes. So, right from the start I invested in a scope that allowed me to see holes as small as 22 cal out to a hundred.

This last RMAC I must have ran into a handful of folks who shared with me how they ruined their scores and placing just by reshooting up to three targets, because they failed to see the holes inside the shaded X dot from a previous shot. That’s 30 points total penalty deduction!

Last edited:
Good reply Bigragu. Further, try to compete in as many matches as possible. Shooting in your backyard range will not force you to do better. Competition is psychological as well as physical. Study the other competitors and see what works for them. Concentrate. You have to WANT to do better each time.

This is very true! I went with my brother to RMAC as spectators , we had a blast! Met a lot of people, some members as well. So most definitely a win, and then I did very well in the raffles, very very well…big wins indeed!

currently building a pellet trap that will have back lit targets , holes will shine through . the battery lights will reflect off the back board throught the target lighting up the holes . Got this idea from the sun shining through the target one afternoon .

"What was your first steps to saying man I want to get serious"

I am truly blessed that my mom documented my first step in getting serious about airgunning...

SIXTY-EIGHT YEARS AGO!

K & R kids.jpg

I remain as infatuated to this day.

RR card.jpg