RMAC 2023 & KARMA

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well and had a great weekend!
I haven’t been posting much here on AGN over the last year or so but had some really cool things happen at RMAC this year. A lot of really terrific people doing awesome stuff for my boys, so I really wanted to share it with you guys.

First, I’d like to thank Joe Wayne Rhea of Cyclops Videos for his generosity. He’s always willing to help, whether it’s helping one of my boys carry their equipment, buying them something to drink or offering to be a “runner” if anybody needed anything. Without me knowing, he gave both of my boys some cash so they could buy extra raffle tickets and hopefully win something they wanted at the raffle. Joe is one of those guys that does something like that, not so people know about it, but instead, just to be a good guy. He doesn’t need to be known as a good guy…He just is! If you haven’t heard, Joe’s been doing these kind of kind acts for years! He’s one of the great ones! Joe, the other thing you did for my boys has them both super excited! THANK YOU! You’re the man! We all thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

My son Alex(15yrs) and my son Cooper(13yrs) had just finished shooting their benchrest cards on day two. We were standing around the benches talking with everyone while the next relay was preparing for their turn to shoot. My son Coop heard Adam Scherer of Team Saber Tactical on the phone with someone, freaking out because he forgot his bipod and didn’t have enough time to go get it. Cooper didn’t know Adam but walked over anyway and offered Adam his Accu Tac WB4 bipod for the upcoming relay. Adam graciously accepted, shot his card and then came to find us later to return the bipod. Adam returned the bipod, said thank you and that was that… Or so we thought.

Cooper was the only one of us to make the benchrest finals. He shot in the finals on Sunday and put up his personal best. What a stud, I couldn’t have been more proud. Needless to say, he was very excited to go to the Banquet and award ceremony, hoping to get on the podium. When the top finishers were called to the podium during the award ceremony, Cooper was disappointed to find out that he did not make it but was happy with his performance and having a great time. Here’s where it gets good…

One of the giveaways was for an FX Crown laminate… For $350, you get the opportunity to pick one of the 10 cases on stage, one of which had a beautiful FX Crown laminate inside. We did not enter this giveaway but when the time came to start, Adam Scherer got up on stage and called Cooper up there with him. He had paid $350 for Cooper to have an opportunity to win the Crown. What a great guy and super cool thing to do! Cooper did not win the Crown but did win a $100 UA gift card, a couple of sun shirt and about 5 t-shirts. The point isn’t whether he won or lost, it‘s that Adam was generous and really made Cooper feel great. And all for just loaning Adam his bipod. I’m getting all choked up now, while I’m writing this, it was just a very generous thing for Adam to do! I’ll never forget it. When I thanked Adam, he said, “I don’t have very many opportunities to look cool, I need to take them when I get the chance.” Getting to know you this week, I certainly don’t believe than for a second! Thank you!

About five minutes later, while the raffle progressed, Eiden Hansen, who many of you may know from American Airgunner, wins a Hatsan Vectic airgun and scope combo. Eiden goes up on stage to get it, walks it right over to Cooper and tells him he had heard what he did for Adam... “This airgun and scope are yours!” He gives it all to Cooper, gives him a hug and tells him “that was awesome!” Again, just so freakin’ cool! I was sitting at the table teary eyed for the second time in a half hour! Thank you Eiden!

As the raffle began to wind down, the one thing that Cooper really wanted to win, the Masterpiece Arms chassis for his RAW was about ready to be announced. Miraculously, they called Cooper’s name as the winner! Sorry Michael!;) Cooper was ecstatic, not only for the chassis he had won but also for the generosity showed by everyone involved. Who knows, he may have won because of one of the extra tickets he bought, courtesy of Joe Rhea?!?

ADAM SCHERER, EIDEN HANSEN, JOE WAYNE RHEA, you guys are amazing! Your generosity made it a special evening and a night my boys and I will never forget. This all came about because Cooper let someone he didn’t know, use his bipod. Thank you!

Our airgun community is made up of many, many great people! Although this is just one families experience, over the course of a week, it happens a lot more frequently than many of you know. Again, showing that these people aren't doing it for recognition, they do it because they are just awesome people! Joe, Adam and Eiden… Thank you! You all made it a very special night for my sons and I.

Stoti

IMG_0603.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this. No doubt our industry is filled with awesome people. I'm fortunate enough to see it at every event I have the privilege to attend. You have a couple of great young men there.
I seriously just got teary eyed reading your reply. These guys were awesome. That was something my son will never forget! My only regret...Not getting a picture of Coop and Eiden together.
Stoti

Great story, Kevin. I’m glad to have hung out with your two awesome boys. It’s truly a rarity to see kids their age as polite and well mannered as those two were. Each heat Cooper made it a point to come to my bench, shake my hand, and wish me the best. Looking forward to seeing all of you again next year!

It's always great to hear when somebody is rewarded ten fold for something they did, just because it was the right thing to do, and not because they're expecting something. It has to be a greater reward when you find out it is one of your own who did it. Great job raising such a great kid Stoti!

And you did excellent Cooper!

Allen

Last edited:
I also had the pleasure of meeting Team Stoti in person (it’s been a long time coming). Here’s a few pics and a vid from this awesome Family team.

View attachment 366158View attachment 366157View attachment 366159View attachment 366160View attachment 366161View attachment 366162View attachment 366163

I can’t seem to find any pics of Alex… sorry man!
Great to finally hang out a bit Michael. Best Father's Day ever! You're a great guy, just as we expected. I didn't take many photos either...But so Alex doesn't feel left out, here's what I've got. 😂

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Great story, Kevin. I’m glad to have hung out with your two awesome boys. It’s truly a rarity to see kids their age as polite and well mannered as those two were. Each heat Cooper made it a point to come to my bench, shake my hand, and wish me the best. Looking forward to seeing all of you again next year!
Augie, glad we hung out at the banquet and had a few beers. Always a good time!! Glad you made it home safe!
Kev

Outstanding! What a great Father's day!
Great people having a great time.
He's going to love the new Masterpiece chassis.
Lewis, this chassis is more sweet than we ever imagined. I'm seriously jealous! Because there's a long wait, we were told 16-52 weeks, Chris C. offered to trade a fully decked out, $4000 FX Impact he's won for the chassis. Without hesitation, Cooper said, "No, I'm a RAW shooter!" We all looked at each other like, are you freakin' crazy? Coop didn't even flinch. He loves his RAW and the new chassis. Nothing I could say would change his mind. At least he knows what he likes! I was just shooting his RAW with the chassis, it's awesome!

Reactions: Lewis
It's always great to hear when somebody is rewarded ten fold for something they did, just because it was the right thing to do, and not because they're expecting something. It has to be a greater reward when you find out it is one of your own who did it. Great job raising such a great kid Stoti!

And you did excellent Cooper!

Allen
Exactly, even Adam was a little baffled at first. Turned out great and I couldn't be more proud of my boys. I was complimented many times on their hand shake, their manners, their safety, their shooting, etc... Nothing could make me more proud.
Thanks, Stoti