RMAC 2021 & FX AIRGUNS

FX Airguns once again showed the world their precision with a dominating performance at RMAC 2021 (Rocky Mountain Airgun Challenge).

Of the possible 29 winning placements in RMAC, FX won a total of 19! That included FX Airgun shooters winning a total of $49,750 in prize money!! It was very good week to be an FX shooter at RMAC 2021 indeed.

thumbnail_benchrest-pro-IG.1630517372.jpg

While all the winning FX shooters deserve recognition, one performance really stands out: Keith Gibson of .68 Whiskey’. He put in a performance that may stand as one of the most impressive cards in a 100yrd Benchrest final ever! Scoring a 228 with a staggering 10 X’s, and winning 1st place in the Pro-Level 100yrd Benchrest. For this astonishing accomplishment, he received the winning price of $21,000!

https://youtu.be/PPF-ncBYcmA

Out of the top 10 winners of the 100yrd Pro Class event, 6 of them were shooting FX Airguns. Of the 20 shooters that qualified for the finals from the field of 100, 14 were shooting FX Airguns. All in all, the overwhelming presence of FX Airguns at the event was an impressive sight to see.

benchrest-sport.1630423880.jpg

Congratulations to the winners of the Sportsman Class Benchrest as well. We look forward to having you shooting Pro Class next year! And to all the shooters, well done to all that made it to the finals. The wind conditions during the event, certainly didn’t make qualifying for the finals an easy feat!

RMAC 2021 Pre-Event - 54.1629944375.1630423983.jpeg

The Speed Shooting event was as exciting as always. Congratulations to Jaiden Tuckett for coming in second place and impressing everyone in the crowd with how fast he could shoot his FX Impact. He and a few others “young guns” were clearly at the top of their field and are part of an exciting new class of younger shooters that will certainly be seen winning speed events for years to come. This clip of Jaiden going head to head with Alex Hatfield says it all!

https://youtu.be/QQtpP9YYIWY

We congratulate all the shooters and a well-deserved 1st place finish from John Bagakis. He is an incredible shooter who always does well at competition events and got the 1st place finish in the Speed event.

speed-both.1630423970.jpg

The Sportsman Class Speed Event was also an incredibly intense event with Luke Lawing winning with his FX Crown. Luke was incredibly fast with his FX Crown. We would love to see what he would be able to do with an FX Impact!

RMAC 2021 Pre-Event - 51.1629944374.1630424740.jpeg

The Small Bore Slug Challenge was handled firmly by FX Airguns shooting a variety of slugs. Justin Welch shot a 610 on a very challenging course. Justin is always a prominent winner at these events and besides winning 1st in the Small Bore Challenge, also took second in the Precision Marksman challenge. Way to go Justin!

small-bore.1630424990.jpg

marksman-pro.1630425000.jpg

We offer our congratulations to all the RMAC 2021 winners and were honored to see all who travelled and showed up to support this momentous occasion. RMAC is the marquee event in the airgun world and Utah Airguns and all the other volunteers deserve our thanks and gratitude.

20210829_125612.1630342323.1630425029.jpg

Thanks to everyone involved and we look forward to RMAC 2022!!

9K6A4236.1630425045.jpg

100yrd Champion Keith shooting his 1st card

20210824_203815.1629945838.1630425059.jpg

Ernest and Norm getting his rifle ready at dusk

5d9f6f7e-13b1-4e48-bded-091bfb216029.1630425526.jpg

Ernest, Ken from SPAW, Nikolai (aka RusBear), & Shane from Element Optics

8bc9b39d-f1f4-49c7-9d29-850a9db97bdf.1630425596.JPEG

Jonathan from FXUSA shooting his 1st card (notice the new barrel tuner!)

09635e1e-9dee-475d-b166-71b6b9774ccc.1630425685.JPG

FX's RMAC Home and view from our open-to-all RMAC social on Friday. Great time had by all!

EF505DED-82A2-4F27-8B26-4D1AA843D0ED.1630425858.JPG

Some new tech that Val from Saber Tactical is trying out (Pump action Crown baby!)

IMG_2276.1630426221.JPEG

Team FX RMAC RV. Don't leave home without one!

IMG_1961.1630425959.JPEG

Raj (aka Igauna Man) enjoying his first trip to Utah Airguns

IMG_1984.1630425986.JPEG

Rick (aka Shooter 1721) getting his dope

IMG_2001.1630426033.JPEG

Chris (UpNorthAirgunner), Norm & Keith (.68 Whiskey) putting the take down on this Musk Ox

IMG_2071.1630426149.JPEG

Ted (Teds Holdover) offhand on the Precision Marksman challenge

RMAC Day 3 - 30.1630208353.1630426281.jpeg

Ernest providing tech support at the range for anyone who needed it (along with Newman from FXUSA)

IMG_2228.1630426353.JPEG

We missed all our overseas FX shooters, but an awesome week. See everyone next year!

Reactions: ThomasT
Amazing shooting, was super excited to see the updates of RMAC. Congrats to all the shooters and especially Keith Gibson from “68 Whisky”!

I do have a question for the Daystate guys… Where’s the DeltaWolf? I watched a lot of shooters and was super curious to watch the impact vs DW not sure if I even saw any picture of them at the event, much less their performance. We’re they even shot?

I saw a guy on fb on the FX page “Not a Delta Wolf in the whole list. Daystate makes the claim it is the most advanced air rifle in the world. It is certainly NOT the most accurate rifle in the world. This statement is coming from a registered Daystate owner.”

Anyone care to share some light on why there’s not one on the entire list? Couple of Redwolfs which congrats to them great shooting too! …(not trying to talk trash I just feel really let down I didn’t see them go head to head lol)

I do have a question for the Daystate guys… Where’s the Delta Wolf? I watched a lot of shooters and was super curious to watch the impact vs DW not sure if I even saw any picture of them at the event, much less their performance. We’re they even shot?

I saw a guy on fb on the FX page “Not a Delta Wolf in the whole list. Daystate makes the claim it is the most advanced air rifle in the world. It is certainly NOT the most accurate rifle in the world. This statement is coming from a registered Daystate owner.”

Anyone care to share some light on why there’s not one on the entire list? Couple of Red Wolfs which congrats to them great shooting too! …(not trying to talk trash I just feel really let down I didn’t see them go head to head lol)

Both Derrick Wall @zx10wall and I shot the Daystate Delta Wolf in the Pro Speed Challenge and made it to the Finals. Derrick shot a .30 caliber and I shot a .25 caliber. As far as 100 yards, you could ask the same question to FX. Why did almost no one shoot the Crown at 100 yards? Hard to say, but I think the Daystate guys are more practiced and more polished with their Red Wolf HPs that they have had for a few years than the Delta Wolves that they just recently got... IMHO, it comes down to reading the wind, shooter skill, and a good dose of luck (bench draw and wind guess). My .25 Delta Wolf is as accurate as my .22 Red Wolf, which is as accurate as my .25 Impact. The only advantage the Impact has is the high capacity magazine which works great for the "spray and pray" method of 100Y BR shooting. But I shoot the .22 RD Monsters and I have MANY hours learning the wind dope. The .22 HP Delta Wolf isn't even available yet... That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;) 

There actually was about a 10 to 1 ratio FX (almost all Impact) to Daystate at RMAC. Yet the Pro100Y finals was 20% Daystate and the Pro Speed finals was 29% Daystate. I didn't check the other events, since I wasn't really interested... Look for a much better Daystate ratio at EBR... If you review the EBR 2019 results over the four major events (100Y, Speed Silo, 50Y, and EFT), Daystate had the majority of podium finishes (1-2-3) overall. Don't take this post the wrong way. I think FX guns are awesome, and actually won EBR 2019 100Y Sportsman with an old .30 FX Bobcat. But wouldn't airgunning be boring if we all shot the same rifle?

Oh wow I watched the "Team Centercut" IG I must have missed the DW post for the speed challenge. But very Fair retort to my post haha. I wonder if the Impact was chosen over the Crown because of the new upgrades available and the Harmonic tuner/carbon sleeve. But from what I saw you did great shooting man super impressed with everyone that went out especially the differences between the qualifier and final cards. EBR will be super cool to watch hopefully there's some more "Live" viewings since Phoenix probably has better reception that Utah lol. 

" But wouldn't airgunning be boring if we all shot the same rifle?"

Totally! That's partially why I was excited to see the Impact and DW go head to head. Like you said maybe EBR will have a more 50/50 ratio with guns. Watching the Crown vs Redwolf is pretty awesome like watching Army vs Navy in football. 

What were the winning combinations of gun/slug/barrel in the small-bore standard slug challenge? I think a lot of people want to know that since slugs are such a fresh and developing area.

Also, did Keith Gibson compete in the slug challenge? The impression I get from watching his videos is that he nearly exclusively shoots slugs, and only got his pellet tuned Impact out for this competition. With all that pigeon shooting in varying conditions I would have expected him to put up a strong showing if he shot the standard power slug event.

From the FX shooters I talked to, they'll be there at EBR... Its the OG, the Mac Daddy of Airgun Competitions - the TENTH ANNIVERSARY - the one that started it all !!! FX didn't boycott it in 2019, where did you get that idea? The vast majority of FX guys were there. The only ones that weren't there in 2019 were the S Africans and Ted. Four out of many...

Reactions: Deleted 45061
Oh wow I watched the "Team Centercut" IG I must have missed the DW post for the speed challenge. But very Fair retort to my post haha. I wonder if the Impact was chosen over the Crown because of the new upgrades available and the Harmonic tuner/carbon sleeve. But from what I saw you did great shooting man super impressed with everyone that went out especially the differences between the qualifier and final cards. EBR will be super cool to watch hopefully there's some more "Live" viewings since Phoenix probably has better reception that Utah lol. 

" But wouldn't airgunning be boring if we all shot the same rifle?"

Totally! That's partially why I was excited to see the Impact and DW go head to head. Like you said maybe EBR will have a more 50/50 ratio with guns. Watching the Crown vs Redwolf is pretty awesome like watching Army vs Navy in football.

I was shooting this year the Hatsan Flash in .22 with 18.1gr pellets. I can say for a fact that I didn't have a boring second in the whole competition! xD

I think overall that it is more about the shooter than the gun, how you will be finishing on the competition. I can say for fact that the gun is shooting better than me at the moment and I am rocking a "300$ budget" gun :D As long as the gun doesn't have malfunctions and you have good ammo, you only need to do your part. I have to say that for sure as a first competition the nerves got the best of me :) Great practice for future competitions!

I had some weirdness happening on a couple of my shots per relay. I missed my shot on the target by inches. Whether that was from the incorrect headsize or slightly damaged skirt I don't know. Definately other 5's and 6's were my fault on the targets that I had. Incorrectly reading the wind and "chasing" the holdover were my faults. I was assuming that I would get around 180 per card. I fell a bit short on that, but still got very close! Overall I am very happy with the whole event!

The event was so nicely put together and I had a lot of fun! Will definately be coming next year too if I have the possibility :)

From the FX shooters I talked to, they'll be there at EBR... Its the OG, the Mac Daddy of Airgun Competitions - the TENTH ANNIVERSARY - the one that started it all !!! FX didn't boycott it in 2019, where did you get that idea? The vast majority of FX guys were there. The only ones that weren't there in 2019 were the S Africans and Ted. Four out of many...

I'm seeing if the wife'll let me take a little venture down to AZ.... 😁

I know UA was there but I didn’t see anything from Matt, Ted, Giles, 1721, 68, etc. Maybe I missed it? Just seemed like an intentional snubbing of YouTube coverage given all the drama between brands that year.