• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

RITON Clearing out last years models!

Vet owned business with a wide range of scopes. Unlimited lifetime warranty. The 7 Conquer is their top of the line and from what I found is Japanese glass and what others have said is on par with the some of the higher end scopes. I got this one because @JungleShooter's fine report on scopes has this one it it where the Parallax says goes to 15 but actually goes past 10 so it fits the bill for a FT scope at 1/2 off!

Never heard of Riton...... How do they compare to Sightron SV ED, S3 or S-Tac scopes?

How about the failure rate?
I never heard of them either, just spent some time researching. The good: seems glass/optical quality is good for the price, warranty replacements are fast and pretty much no questions asked, seems they just send you a new one and don't fix the old. The bad:warranty replacements, if all a company does is send you a new one every time your old one has a problem, says a lot. Major failures, turrets lock up, adjustments shift without touching turrets, failure of parallax adjustment, this mostly after >1k rounds PB use. Too many of those with people that are putting reasonable number of rounds downrange on PB's and having above problems within a year or so. Way too many new accounts made on the bigger forums catering to long range PB shooting/competiton praising them when someone asks about them. When a brand new poster shows up praising it is questionable sometimes, when it happens often it is being shilled, and the new accounts after a year or more have no other activity.

Reactions: Pfddi
@karl_h - good to know. I have a friend with a Riton who has had nothing but good to say about it and I have looked through it myself, so not a complete "wing it" on the purchase. His is on his PCP which will also be on mine, so hopefully there will be no "shock" to the scope that seems to befalling the PBs in your research.

I have been looking at the "higher magnification" scopes for FT and HFT and the price has always been the downfall! At 1/2 off I'm hoping I will get a winner.

@karl_h - good to know. I have a friend with a Riton who has had nothing but good to say about it and I have looked through it myself, so not a complete "wing it" on the purchase. His is on his PCP which will also be on mine, so hopefully there will be no "shock" to the scope that seems to befalling the PBs in your research.

I have been looking at the "higher magnification" scopes for FT and HFT and the price has always been the downfall! At 1/2 off I'm hoping I will get a winner.
To be completely fair, a number of people using them on their precision 22lr seemed to be happy, saw one return in that crowd but it was bad out of the box(parallax on that one couldn't be adjusted past 100, knob would turn, just nothing happened after 100 yards). That one person had a new one in hand in a weeks time and seemed happy with it. Should have phrased the good optics for the price differently, mostly it was very good+ optics for the price, not just good.

It's kind of hard reading posts with that crowd, you have people that just enjoy the long range aspect, and may even compete at a low level but would never sink a boat load of money in it, it is only fun for them. And then the other half of the crowd has to sh&t all over it because they are not using ZCO, March, or NX8 if you are poor. Believe me, a lot of them literally tell them to give up and do something else if they are that poor, and it's not tongue in cheek. I know there is some talk with thermal's here, not long ago someone had posted up their collection of thermals on one of those boards. There were about 9 of them in the group picture, well over 300k in that picture. Had one that people thought none existed in the wild(private ownership), military contract price on that one alone was way way north of 100k, no telling who he knew to legally get one and what it cost. And you better bet it was legally owned, nobody is that stupid to post a picture of one they somehow got illegally, alphabet guys would be busting down the doors at 2am and killing your pets.

if it were me, I wouldn't take a chance, just get a vortex pst, same price range and proven reliable/tough decent optics for the price. BTW, whenever I say decent optics for the price, I'm saying it's horrible. I'm spoiled with all the glass on my serious hunting rifles, anything less is garbage. So I use garbage optically but solid mechanically on all my toys that aren't used for serious hunting, which includes all my pcp's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pfddi and whyzee