💍Rings Rings Rings. 💍

I just got a set of ccop steel rings that are nice. I needed high 34mm rings for this 17 round mag and opted for these. Heavy but they are clean and seem better made than other rings I've had.
020.1599846137.jpg

I have a drawer full of many brands of rings and mounts and I will say that although they aren't on all my guns, BKL are my favorite.

Just picked up a set of offset BKL rings. Scope is mounted but did not sight in today. They seem to be great rings....

Is it messed up that I just automatically shim scopes right off the rip with a piece of fabric tape on each ring? Like initial mounting without even shooting lol.

I would echo that the rings aren’t about recoil for me. I pay more for nice rings to protect the scope and ensure quality. If I were using cheap scopes, I would probably be fine with cheap rings, but not on higher end scopes.

I like knowing that they will be even and will not mess up my scope and also that the scope will be aligned. I’ve seen cheap rings mess up scopes. I’ve seen them be out of alignment or uneven. I have some that I’ve had zero problems with. 

I usually use the same rings I use for powder burners, but that is hard when needing dovetails. Trying my first set of BKLs right now for those, and they seem to be well made at a lower price.

Well, Craig, 😄

here we are again — YOU asking a question — that I have had enough interest in so that I would make a specs table for it...! 😄

This one is from March of this year.

What you get in these 20+ scope mounting setups:

🔶Adjustable mounts — because I either want my scope zeroed right in the middle of its adjustment range to give it maximum stability to hold zero — or because I want to shoot extreme long range, or very heavy projectiles with rather low power.

Amount of total cant is included.

🔶30mm diameter — because the quality of scopes I like has almost always at least 30mm.

🔶$50—$100 price range is typical — because I'm not shooting a high powered PB... I don't think a $300 mount is worth it. (I'm not worth it.)

🔶For both dovetail rails and picatinny rails — with adaptor options!

🔶With total height calculated for each setup — because some of us like to mount our scopes as low as possible.

🔶Prices included.

Happy scope mount shopping! 😄

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Mounting Table

download.png
View attachment SCOPE MOUNTS RAILS. 023. 2020-03. TABLE.1600074376.pdf

Camiszon, yes, I am interested, really kind of depends on the price. Thank you!

That thing, the ZB_lite pro looks like I could mount it on top of my scope using upside down mounts. And then I could attach a camera to the ZB_lite — which would allow me to adjust where the camera is pointing using the turrets. The camera has a 1200mm zoom, so I can get some pretty close footage, but it needs to be centered, and with different ranges I'd need to adjust the camera. 

There are a couple of typos and light errors on the ZB_lite spec sheet, one being that the turrets do not adjust in MOA as claimed, but in SMOA (1/4 inch per 100 yards per click). For my purpose not relevant.

Very cool idea from these folks. Hope the quality and the price are right.

Thanks again. 😊

Matthias

Camiszon, yes, I am interested, really kind of depends on the price. Thank you!

That thing, the ZB_lite pro looks like I could mount it on top of my scope using upside down mounts. And then I could attach a camera to the ZB_lite — which would allow me to adjust where the camera is pointing using the turrets. The camera has a 1200mm zoom, so I can get some pretty close footage, but it needs to be centered, and with different ranges I'd need to adjust the camera. 

There are a couple of typos and light errors on the ZB_lite spec sheet, one being that the turrets do not adjust in MOA as claimed, but in SMOA (1/4 inch per 100 yards per click). For my purpose not relevant.

Very cool idea from these folks. Hope the quality and the price are right.

Thanks again. 😊

Matthias

Why would you use 1200mm camera on top of the scope, is it to use slow motion recording to show pellet impacting the target?

Well, I really would like to film my shooting — and yes, that must include slo-mo.

But the total price is sooo high. Just the mount cost several hundred dollars depending on the type.

I really would prefer looking through my scope, not a camera screen.

But if I use any type of side mounted camera the scope ocular lens gets 3-4 inches longer — doesn't than change the place where I need to mount the scope, moving it farther forward? [Maybe I'm just mistaken about this. Can someone explain?]

Then I get to spend more money on a camera I would otherwise never buy 😟 — I have no use for it except for shooting.

The GoPro's are nice — and nuts — because I'd still need to buy special adaptor lens: Maybe they should change their name from GoPro to GoDown — as in "Go Down the Rabbit Hole!" 😖

So, I already have a camera I can take video of the surroundings, and then zoom in for the kill shot. With slo-mo. And I keep my scope position as is.

Still trying to figure this out.... Any advice is appreciated. 🤔

Matthias