• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rings for hw50 to keep open sights

Open sights will not be in your sight picture unless you are using a red dot or 1-4x scope. I like the RWS lockdown mount, but any mounts with a scope stop pin will work.

Could be wrong but I don't think that is what he is asking. Seems he wants to use BOTH the scope and open sights. Leupold see-thru mounts (I think they are called Rifleman) will accomplish this if that is what he is wanting. I have a few sets in use.

Open sights will not be in your sight picture unless you are using a red dot or 1-4x scope. I like the RWS lockdown mount, but any mounts with a scope stop pin will work.

Could be wrong but I don't think that is what he is asking. Seems he wants to use BOTH the scope and open sights. Leupold see-thru mounts (I think they are called Rifleman) will accomplish this if that is what he is wanting. I have a few sets in use.

We used similar rings for .22's for coon huntin when I was growing up. None of those have scope stop pins, so they wouldn't stay in place on his springer.

We used similar rings for .22's for coon huntin when I was growing up. None of those have scope stop pins, so they wouldn't stay in place on his springer.

Seems that would depend on the recoil of his particular gun. And in any event it may not be what he was asking about, you could have had the right thought on what he was asking about initially.

I use Sportsmatch op25c (medium height) on my hw50s. The best in my book. 

this mount comes with a stop pin if needed but I've never needed the stop pin. its never budged! 

also, i would think its more important to prioritize the scope height according to your ability of seeing through the scope VS worrying about the front sight being in view. 

so, find a scope height that works best for comfort then put the sights back on if you want. or not.