• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

rings and ring height for daystate huntsman

got a huntsman revere on the way have a scope but not sure about which rings to get so they will clear the mag. Bell is 40mm so just need to get above the magazine but as close as possible.
If you are planning on using the old style 30mm height magazines, then the dovetail 30mm BKL low rings (BKL-S-303L MB) or the 1" BKL low rings (BKL-257 MB) will allow you mount your 40mm or smaller objective lense scope as close as possible to the shroud and leave a miniscule gap between the top of the mag and the scope tube. I have two Daystate rifles (Huntsman Regal .20 and Air Wolf MCT .22) set up with these self-centering low rings (30mm) Cat's meow! I bought my BKLs on Amazon and had to order the 30mm low mounts as two "single" ring boxes. I could not find them for sale as a "pair." No problem with the 1" low rings.
BTW, the attached photo shows the scope and mag clearance on my Air Wolf with a 42mm Objective lense. A 44mm objective may also fit, but probably without the lense covers.

March mag clearance (2).jpg

Keep in mind that depending on where you want your scope, the turret housing may also get in the way of the mag since this sits a few mm lower than the tube itself. There’s also a notable difference between using 1” tubes and 30mm tube scopes. The 30mm tubes are less forgiving for clearing the mag. I had to go with the CARM low profile mags for my Revere in order to fit my scope where I wanted it since it’s a 30mm tube and the turret housing was in the way. And that is even with high rings. I could have moved the scope back a bit more to clear the housing but this was not a comfortable location for me. So just be aware that everyone’s setup will be different. You may not know what you need until you’ve tried your setup.

Hello everyone, I’m also thinking of buying a daystate revere but want a .177 to shoot FT with since it’s 20 ftlbs. Does anyone know the height that the mag would be above the top of the receiver? I found some Talley cz rimfire rings. High are .50 and extra high are .60. I’m going with a 30mm tube and 50mm objective.
@Heyboy - Which mag? The Daystate single shot tray is below the dovetail - my setup above creates a wonderful long flat trajectory when using jsb10.34@880fps zero at 25 yards

Hello everyone, I’m also thinking of buying a daystate revere but want a .177 to shoot FT with since it’s 20 ftlbs. Does anyone know the height that the mag would be above the top of the receiver? I found some Talley cz rimfire rings. High are .50 and extra high are .60. I’m going with a 30mm tube and 50mm objective.
If you’re going to shoot FT, just go with the single shot sled. Won’t have to worry as much about mag clearing.