HW/Weihrauch Ring modification

As you can see the modified West Hunter rings are following the MOA change.

Screenshot_20240507_070240_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Without the modification the pressure on the ring edges would be dangerous to the scopes well being, especially with a springer hammering on it.

Your original setup only needed a .279 degree (16 moa) adjustment. That would be very hard to eyeball. A magnetic bore sighter may be useful to get your scope rings locked in.
For your 30 yard zero the pellet path will intersect the line of sight somewhere around 10 yards. You can always start there or use ballistics app to see where your near zero is. I sight in in my basement at 10 yards and fine tune at the gun range. Depending on the gun I may need to be high or low at 10 yards but the ballistic app will tell you exactly where you need to be. I use the above magnet bore sighter in my basement all the time.

Last edited:
Your original setup only needed a .279 degree (16 moa) adjustment. That would be very hard to eyeball. A magnetic bore sighter may be useful to get your scope rings locked in.
For your 30 yard zero the pellet path will intersect the line of sight somewhere around 10 yards. You can always start there or use ballistics app to see where your near zero is. I sight in in my basement at 10 yards and fine tune at the gun range. Depending on the gun I may need to be high or low at 10 yards but the ballistic app will tell you exactly where you need to be. I use the above magnet bore sighter in my basement all the time.
I was improvising using differnt size allen wrenches to keep track of my movments.
At my last setting I used 40 clicks of up past scope center for a 75y zero, and 16 clicks of down passed scope center for a 30y zero.

Reactions: luckybuckeye
Yesterdays shoot was really great when the wind allowed.
I was somewhat surprised at how easy it was to go from shooting vertical and horizontal shot shell hulls at 75y, to 1/4" swinger at 30y, with a twist of the turret.

20240508_161536.jpg

I did have a bit of windage movement though, so maybe it was the wind. Or perhaps the scope is no longer straight, however it was minor, .75 MOA.
I did still have dieseling, and I'm into my second tin..

Reactions: beerthief