• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Ring-Loc top hat system

hello, this ones for the airforce airguns nerds like myself. if you have not purchased the ring-loc top hat gizmos you reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy need to...I recently put the 25 cal barrel back on my talon P and decided I wanted to shoot the JSB King pellets at about 900 FPS, so I did that with the original .232 top hat, no problem at all. pretty consistent, accurate, just as you would expect. then I put on the .166 top hat, and tuned the gun back up to about 900 FPS, same accuracy as before (wouldn't expect much deviation there) the shots may be more consistent, I haven't done a shot string yet, but what I noticed the most is how much quieter the gun is now. it makes total sense, but I was shocked at just how quite it is now even without a moderator (the one I had blew up) before I would describe the gun as sounding loud and a bit sloppy, like a very poorly tuned regulated gun, just a puff of air dumping down the barrel, now, however, its a lot quieter, and the sound is much more crisp. not quite well tuned regulated gun sound, but a lot closer. I wanted to share more today but the winds are like 20 mph or something crazy right now and it's really pushing that King pellet all around but hey, it sounds better now! :) seriously tho if you have any Airforce small bore airgun that's compatible with the top hat system, you owe it to yourself to try it out, they really undersell it online.

Reactions: Berserkeley Mike
In my opinion, the top-hat kit REALLY should be included with the purchase of a TalonP (or at least bundled in some way. But the company gotta make a profit somehow I guess :ROFLMAO:
The level of tuning this simple kit adds is too much to pass up, an absolute must buy for anyone out there without one yet. Also to add to the post, the smaller sized valves you can use also ups the shot count quite a bit, especially if you were to swap the .25 barrel down to a .177, kinda functions like a pseudo-regulator.

My only complaint is for how old the AirForce platform is, there really needs to be more videos on all the tunes/aftermarket parts you can use and how they perform. To this day im still wondering if the hammer-slap mod and sound-loc system (together with the TalonTunes shroud I already have) are actually worth it for my TalonP. I might just jump the gun and find out first hand for myself if nobody will put out concrete info on how well they perform