Rifles with varying degrees of accuracy

Cliff, anyone who straps a air rifle to a Boer, his sanity has to be questioned! BTW I own 6 Boers.
But I think your post is pretty spot on. 
I have one of those Gen I .22 Marauder. If I do my part, I think it has decent accuracy. How I got a good one is anyones guess. 
I think to get consistent accuracy from a series of rifles from the same manufacture would require top end tooling, hand lapped barrels, hand fitted actions and triggers, etc. Probably put the price out of reach for the majority of shooters.
Pellets have an influence too. I can look through a tin and see differences in pellets. That might be a bigger factor in shot to shot accuracy than the rifle. 
Then there is the question of the shooter themselves and what position they are shooting from.

Man, if you pay over 2000 USD for the airgun you require all the things which you mentioned about, so top end tooling, hand lapped barrels, hand fitted actions and triggers, etc. This is normal for me. Then accuracy testing and the group shot at the distance of 50 meters should be included with each rifle. This is so easy but almost noone follows that. One crazy world we live in.

Eh, I was thinking of companies like Anschutz or Feinwerkbau who's reputations in the Olympic circles are dependent on the kind of repeatable, and consistent accuracy from one rifle to the next that requires the kind of tooling and hand fitting attention that commands that kind of price.
Unless you are a Olympic Medalist, most people cannot shoot to the level of those rifles. 
Not the kind of thing you are going to see in the sub-$1k market. So, I see my meager groups at 105yrds (see my Avatar, 5 shot group) with my pedestrian M-Rod as pretty dang good.

I agree with your thoughts. When I bought my first pcp, a .22 marauder, I thought I was spending SO much money for a pellet gun. I was actually wondering, how am I going to explain this purchase to anyone, MUCH LESS my WIFE! With all of the accessories it was as expensive as a Browning Shortrac .308. Holy Mackerel. Then almost immediately I started finding threads that said the gun was terrible unless you got a .25. I thought, I have really screwed up. That week I got an inexpensive scope on it and I was floored. It was so freaking precise I was amazed! I thought I hit the lottery. Not only was I making head shots on squirrels 40 yards out, I was choosing where on the head I wanted to hit them. Through the eye, just behind it through the ear between the eyes etc. Then I found this Forum and realized my gun was fairly entry level. 2 grand for a pellet gun! You've got to be kidding! I have a great occupation as a Dentist, but I still can't believe some guys have 10 of them. I decided to bite the bullet and add an FX verminator, and that first week I actually felt physically sick. It was all over the map and I could have bought marauders in .177,.22 and .25. Fortunately the pellets were clipping the internals on the moderator and it was a simple fix. It too is so dead accurate that I can clip twigs at 50 yards. When I shoot these guns I still just laugh and shake my head. My friends and family that come over and shoot are amazed. Very few people in my area know about these guns. They still balk at the price. I love the precision and silence. I want an Impact or Daystate wolverine, but I do fear getting that lemon. At the price of these guns I can't imagine one that can't do what my marauder does. I would weep, and how could you sell one that wasn't exceptional. It really feels like sticking your neck out buying one and I hope if I ever get a poor performer, that the manufacturer would support the product. I still cringe that so many buy a $2000 gun and take it apart and whittle on it, but I applaud your balls.

This just an opinion, but then so are most other posts.

Without a doubt the air rifle plays a part, it would be indefensible to claim an oversize barrel the pellet rattles down has no effect. Yes, we have seen a certain type/weight/head size of pellet is important. Nor should we ignore the mental side. But, with most guns from the established manufacturers, my experience has convinced me the biggest influence is the shooter (it took a lot of self honesty to accept this).

I had been shooting metal silhouette targets (HFT/FT) for 30 odd years, before deciding to try paper punching as a way of finer measurement. It has taken a year and lots of research/talking to begin to understand the secrets of the shooter and the effect he/she has on the shooter/gun combination capability. Before the research and some training, the exact POI was always a bit of a surprise. Now I am aware if I get my part somewhere near right; on those occasions I have been rewarded with a very similar POA/POI suggesting the gun always does its bit in the partnership.