RIFLE STOCKS -walnut or laminate?

thanks to all that replied. i knew passions ran deep. i was looking for feedback on these two stock options because i knew ZERO about laminate. i lean towards wood stock usually based on price. i have nothing against synthetic stock but the gun i want is an fx streamline and heard less than flattering comments about that one . heard it was to flimsy, prone to "bending/twisting" on a mounted bipod. but as for wood or laminate, both are really nice. anyway, this was source of the question, thanks to all!

Depends on what you want to use the gun for

Walnut for a beautiful gun you might be afraid to hunt with 'cause you don't want to scratch the finish.

Really don't have use for Laminate, typically pine plywood, the laminates I've seen are softer, scratch easier, don't like the look.

Synthetic for a gun that will take a beating and come back strong, plus will (Possibly) shoot better. One veteran explained that walnut (and laminate) moves with weather and humidity. Synthetic doesn't. Most stable of the three choices.

Just my opinion.

laminate can be more quality controlled,walnut if you buy on line, is like a box of cracker jacks...you never know what you get???

Ordering a mass produced rifle from a store, then I agree, total luck of the draw. The TX200 comes to mind. Luckily I have not seen a bad walnut stock on a TX200, they all seem to be gorgeous. When ordering a custom stock however, builders will have pics of their current inventory of walnut, and you get to select the grain you desire and you pay accordingly.

Here is a custom builder that allows you to select your "blank" prior to building... inventory looks nice: http://www.airgunstocks.com/  I will note here, that I am not sure how up to date his inventory is...

I have been working with Gary Cane over in England to get a custom stock for my Gen1 Marauder. They have been fantastic to deal with. During the process, they have been sending me images of rifles built with their current stock of grade 2 walnut. The images have been very nice, so I feel confident that I will be getting a beautiful walnut for my rifle.

Hello, for me, the laminate I like more, the additional weight I do not think is an inconvenience, it is not much more, but a good walnut is great
I add a picture of a beautiful
a greeting

1540318390_3408827785bcf64b614b010.50057153_20140502_11305443.jpg

Hola, para mi, el laminado me gusta mas, el peso adicional no creo que sea un inconveniente, no es mucho mas, pero un buen nogal es genial
añado una foto de una preciosidad
un saludo