• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rifle Rests- Which ones do you own? Pics?

This is the only rifle-rest I own. I'm about to buy another as a backup.

Portable, light, cheap, sturdy, ya can't go wrong with this one for a bench-rest or prone tripod.

1596843414_5306571805f2de596753841.62082078.jpg

For me at least, completely replaces the need to use sandbags and your hand for "artillery hold" shooting.

1596843569_1747480545f2de63175bee5.67713630.jpg

The head also screws off and fits a standard camera tripod, and can be a camera mount itself too.

1596843906_21192236345f2de782aeffc0.46058133.jpg

#AD Where I got mine: https://amzn.to/2EWzGoA

I recently bought a Caldwell bench/seat combo (Steady Table Lite, I believe was the name) that is nice and light for transport but it doesn't have a rest. Seat and table together as a unit is nice for field use and I use a bag on that table. The Hyskore shooting table and optional rest I bought quite a while ago is a bit heavier and doesn't have an attached seat but the rest has dual height adjustments, one side lever cogged arrangement to elevate the front of the rifle and a threaded rest on the rear to fine tune height, and the entire rest unit pivots on a front shaft to allow windage movement. It works very well and is very stable for shooting once set up. The Hyskore table apparently is no longer available and I'm not sure about the rest but it was designed for use with that table. Highly recommended if anyone runs across one but the Caldwell is nice too.

Sorry for the hijack....

Caldwell. So far no complaints and works well for me.

Scp52, how is that table? Do the legs lock/snap into position? Do they wobble? My current "table" wobbles all over the place. Need to get something better.

I’m pretty old school with my bench setup.

ronmcc4, what rear bag is that? And is that your table too? Is that simply a piece of plywood clamped in a black and decker work table?