Rifle for 1/2" accuracy @25 yards suggestions wanted

Hi guys, new dude, first post. I'm in need of a rifle that can shoot into about 1/2" or max 3/4" at 25 yards for cleaning the cowbirds off of my birdfeeder. I have a Swarm 2 but it seems to struggle with that level of accuracy. Do you folks have a suggestion of a gas piston rifle that can be accurate enough for such work under the $200 mark? I'm also open to suggestions on a different type of pellet (currently using regular Crosman .22 HP's) that may work better in my Swarm. It suffers from frequent fliers with the Crosmans. I prefer .22 caliber because I have giant hands and finger and they are easier to work with than tiny .17's but I can work around that if needed. I'd love to go PCP but I'm not serious enough about it to spend the money at this point and getting a fill is a bit of a problem out here in the country. Thanks for any input. 

it would just come down to the individual gun and you could do some basic tuning to it .. alot of aggravation for unreliable results at pesting .. why i gave up on springers .. i got a gamo big cat thats pretty good to 20y or so .. but a prod and handpump will be roughly 10X more positive on pests .. its not the power or pellet .. its the reliable and consistent accuracy that makes the difference ... i know right now my prod, sitting for a few days, i can pick it up any time and bust a pest stone cold dead, one shot, fast as i can get the hairs on him .. prod is the cheapest setup i know that will instill that kind of confidence out of the box ...

9CD180E9-4608-43B1-9A71-432A7442775F.1647308562.jpeg
This might sound ridiculous, but definitely consider a Zoraki pistol. For birds I’d pick the .177, but the .22 is just as accurate it’s just not as flat shooting.

They are three pump power houses and really accurate. You can easily deal with the cowbirds at 25 yards if you set up to shoot off of bags with a bug buster scope or even a red dot. These groups are at 25 yards shot off of two bags out of a window. You would be hitting a bird every single time. Zoraki pistols are totally amazing little guns for the price. They are around $260 if I remember correctly. A super value and a really versatile gun.
53E856F9-E58D-40B5-A2C9-4E596C48E237.1647308186.jpeg

Weihrauch have quite a few rifles that will meet your requirements with open sights. Can be purchased at a very reasonable price from Krale.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/federkolben-knicklauf

Weihrauch have quite a few rifles that will meet your requirements with open sights. Can be purchased at a very reasonable price from Krale.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/federkolben-knicklauf

I second this suggestion. You could also spend a little more and pick up a Gamo Urban and a hand pump. You should be able to get those 1/2” groups at 50 yards with the Urban. The Urban is built in Birmingham England at the BSA factory, it’s very underrated in my opinion.

I had a lot of trouble with the springer I had. In all honesty it was single grouping when held so lightly it could shake in a straight line. That would be forearm resting on one finger or just on knuckles and trigger hand just touching stock. Just enough pressure keep from falling off shoulder and no more. But as you can see this isn't anything you could quickly get into to pop a bird and you feel the pressure of taken to long to shoot and I would screw up. So moved on to PCP. Get along much better. As far as another springer for yourself I would say to stay away from so called magnum springer as they hardest to be accurate with as they shake the hardest. So perhaps an entry level PCP might help you, and would be easier load and quicker to get ready. Can tell you I have a Hill hand pump and filling a 185cc tank from 100 bar to 232 bar has been around 70 strokes, give or take a few. I get about 30 shots from that fill. I find the artillery hold is the most accurate hold for springers and hardest to me to use. Good hunting!

My sample back came in today and I didn't get past the 2nd of 5 types within it due to the accuracy of the Baracuda Greens! It stacked 7 pellets into very nearly one ragged hole. There was no need to waste the other pellets after that. I did have to adjust the scope a fair amount but when my rifle shoots like that it is easy to re-zero. I started knocking the 1/2" dot out of the target paper all the while shooting in a light variable breeze and only using tripod sticks as a rest. That kind of accuracy I only get out my rimfire with subsonics off of a bench. Highly impressed to say the least!

I’ve a .177 GAMO Swarm Maxxim 2 and after searching found that it likes H&N Baracuda Hunter Extremes. 1/2” @ 25 yards is about average group size. But I can do about 1/4” @ 25 yards with my Weihrauch HW97 K.

I might just add to my user experience with this MAXXIM. I would say that it's more accurate to say that 3/4" is an average group at 25 yards. Sometimes it groups a little better but oftentimes there are flyers. I feel like the lightness of the gun w/ the high output(somewhere near to 15 fpe) make it quite difficult to shoot accurately. Somewhat hold sensitive. Compared to my HW97...well there is no comparison. That said, it does the job inside of about 35 yards. Outside of that it's just too difficult to shoot accurately unless I am at a bench. It also seems a bit pellet picky. At least more so than my other air rifle.