Was out plinking, shooting glass bottles of which there are literally hundreds of them strewn about on the property I shoot on. I set the bottles/jars on a log and shoot them from various distances, usually anywhere from 20-50 yards but I was taking shots at smaller pieces of ones already shot and was only 15 yards away when something came back at me and hit be lightly in my pant leg and dropped right in front of me. It was my pellet. The piece of bottle exploded into a zillion pieces as normal but the pellet came straight back at me. Never had that happen before. Here's the pellet, JSB Exact Jumbo 15.9gr, front and back. Amazing.

1540582722_12455423545bd36d428e4f76.35293488_PelletDamage.jpg

Same has happened to me when shooting at not "soft" targets such as metal spinners etc. I have not been hit myself, but I have heard ricochet's hit around me and I hear that fun PEWWWW sound from the cartoons. It only happens once in a while and it hasn't affected anything so far, but since I shoot in my backyard, I get concerned and make sure there is nobody around when I am shooting. 

Bottles can be tough critters. The curved edges at the bottom - heck yes. Ever shoot at an OLD tv screen (the type with formed / tube screens)? My childhood daisy wouldn't even make a mark but I could here the pellet or bb bounce of the house 50ft behind me.

I shot bottles as a kid. Worked in a restaurant and brought home a few from time to time from an unlimited supply of used condiment bottles. I stopped after I realized the shards were going to last longer than me. In your case.... if they are old, you might be surprise at potential value. There is an area not to far from me that must have been some kind of dumping ground for glass??? some really cool stuff, including things they've sold for really decent money. My buddy and his kids poke around it monthly and have a wall of incredible pieces, even if they haven't gotten rich.

In your case.... if they are old, you might be surprise at potential value.

The bottles and jars on this property are from the late 1800's to the mid 1900's. Whoever was living there, just tossed all their used bottles and jars in one particular location on the property. There are hundreds and hundreds of them. I've found some pretty cool ones but none have turned out to be of any value, yet. They are really fun to shoot especially with the sun shining behind them. They make a great sound and have a great visual effect when hit. Shooting accurately, I can get multiple shots from each one and then propping up the bottoms for a final shot that makes the best for sound effect. Sometimes you can shoot holes straight through and the rest of the bottle remains intact. I don't care about all the glass, it's already been there for a hundred years anyway.

1540587465_12990134105bd37fc9e616d8.91084143_Bottle shot 50 yards.jpg

1540587484_8995683515bd37fdc31d609.15031301_Bottle shot 60 yards.jpg

1540587497_18148997405bd37fe9b85d13.21161159_BottleShot.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2CTik7E3kM