N/A Revolutionary PCPs

Curious as to what some of you consider to be 'revolutionary' for the time. May not be your favorite or may not have been the 'best' but at the time was quite revolutionary.

A few of my nominees in no particular order to start with.

AirForce guns.... simple, easy to maintain, powerful, US made.
Benjamin Discovery.... Made PCP affordable back in the day when PCP wasnt quite so affordable. Paved the way for many inexpensive airguns
Benjamin Marauder... Was a lot of folks introduction into PCP at a lower tiered price point with some of the 'niceties' that the more expensive guns had
Benjamin Rogue... a fail at the time, but also ahead of its time
Daystate CDT system.. predecessor to the MCT and quite remarkable for its time
FX Revolution...one of the first 'mainstream-ish' semi auto airguns
FX Impact.. highly modular from the factory

What are some yall might consider?

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I'll submit the FX Crown. Wich still stands out. Can't really state how well balanced the gun is. Or how light it feels. While still being extremely stable. The gun behaves like it has a firing pin in it, not a hammer. Superlight barrel system, short barrel (and very respectable power from it), semi-balanced valve. Rifling that minimises projectile drag and drift. I've heard a number of complaints about fx triggers, but I really dont know why, not from my experience anyhow.

Theoben Rapid, very early into bottles, and the magazine much copied and little brother to Raw.

20230819_090251.jpg

Revolutionary for it's time... To me was the discovery. That tiny little light rifle with a 2000psi max fill non regulated getting several shots with that little cylinder. Yes I still have one. Teaching my grandsons to shoot with it. What surprises me is why more manufacturers didn't follow suit with a low (2000psi) max fill. As years went by they went the opposite direction...

I'll submit the FX Crown. Wich still stands out. Can't really state how well balanced the gun is. Or how light it feels. While still being extremely stable. The gun behaves like it has a firing pin in it, not a hammer. Superlight barrel system, short barrel (and very respectable power from it), semi-balanced valve. Rifling that minimises projectile drag and drift. I've heard a number of complaints about fx triggers, but I really dont know why, not from my experience anyhow.
Second that. To the fullest.

As to the Crown’s trigger :
My shooting buddy had Krale install the so called ‘Crown match triggers’ in both his Crowns. I shot them but didn ‘t much care for the feel of it. I ‘ll be sticking to mine. Barely touched factory setting of the first stage (tiny bit shorter), let the 2nd as it was while lowering the trigger blades as far downward as possible. That does the trick for me.

Furthermore, big fan of the superlite I am too.
And that ‘economy valve’ provides me with shotcounts I ‘d never thought were possible.
For anyone wanting to shoot between 7 joules and 77 joules from .177 to .22 out of the same gun, Crown is it. Easy & quick barrel swap included.
Even .25 or .30 shooters may well find what they ‘re looking for in a Crown. Although that 160bar reg setting (to my mind) is a bit too much weight on the FX reg.

Hence 'revolutionary' enough for me, that Crown, especially the MKII.

I think you'd have to include the Huben K1 in that list . . .
Indeed.

Last edited:
Gamo Swarm ... magazine fed break barrel (whoops this is PCPs only I guess)
AEA Terminator ... high power 357 semi auto
AEA Challenger ... $350 when it launched in calibers up to 357 producing 200 fpe. Revolutionary value for a bigger game hunting rifle.
Western Sidewinder, perhaps not revolutionary but a milestone in terms of evolution
AEA Zeus ... unless there was a 72 caliber air rifle prior to that being released

From what I can tell the Huben GK1 may be considered "revolutionary" as well, for obvious reasons that I don't have to mention.

I'm pretty sure there was a good reason I bought the Umarex Guantlet 30 review tester from kaylaindy before it was available to the public. Couldn't wait for that one. First "22LR" challenger that's in the budget category, regulated, and it's been my favorite gun to shoot since I bought it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I also vote for the Theoben Rapid MKII
case2_1_.jpg

rapid3_1_.jpg

DaveGMKIi.jpg

The Rapid MKII is solid as a Rock and deadly accurate.
But the simplicity of it's design is mind blowing...It can be fully disassembled with a couple of allen keys, a wrench and a punch.
Since it was so ahead of its' time, Many have copy various aspects of it's design...Like. The Mag... and the Mark 4 Trigger unit!!
Or even working off of the Basic design of the Receiver.. to improve the Existing Platform!
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg