Reviews of the .25 FX Wildcat (Feel Free to Add Yours)

"PaulWI"Great review Scott.
I just got done looking up your scope. Wow you sir are on a different level to say the least!
Look forward to seeing more from you.
Ps I saw the video you made which got me wondering what that scope was. I love the reticle.
Paul

Paul

Here are some pics as it looks through the ocular of the Gen II XR reticle. I had US Optics custom build a 17X scope using the LR-17 3.2-17X scope as a base. It also has an internal Bubble Level as you can see in the 4th picture.

Illumination Range

Internal Bubble Level at Bottom

Airport Runway Lights (LOL)

"travels4fun"
Man oh man. Sounds like a covert op is in order to retrieve said package prior to Monday. I feel for you. I shot the Wildcat this morning and it's surprisingly backyard friendly. How loud exactly you ask?? Let's just say when the AC compressor kicks on outside (I shoot about 5 feet away from it), it completely drowns out the noise from shooting the Wildcat.
:) Good to hear... or "not hear" that is
! I have some other covert ops in the works for this one! Thanks for the pics and your thoughts! 
I'm leaving shortly to go and try to pick mine up before the truck leaves the UPS hub. Would you mind if I post my chrony#'s undert this thread? There's no sense posting the same pics you did and all the same info all over again. 
Any way you could post or (pm me) a better pic of the internal scope level?

Chrony work! 
Round 1 
921 - @200bar
03 - @180bar
03 - @160bar
23*
26*
30*
19*
24* - @145bar
20*
888* - @125bar Here's the drop point!
20 - @110bar 

Round 2
924 - @230bar Max fill per the printing on the rifle. It's interesting how this may have changed the whole string...
22 - @200bar
32*
23 - @185bar
26 - @160bar
23 - @145bar
44* - Here's the drop again, just as expected. 
"*" = way up or down from the surrounding trends speeds.

I started at 200 for the first round because this is a brand new rifle. There's no need to push it to it's max right out of the gate.

New guys - "the drop" is when there isn't enough air pressure left for the regulator to do its job. So, shots will be inconsistent and get slower and slower. Every PCP has a "sweet spot" where it operates the most consistent. My first round showed me that somewhere around 125bar I would see this "drop". Therefore, my sweet spot ends somewhere above 125, probably 130. Once I hit that area... time for a refill! On the high end, I'm still not sure but, after my 2nd round I think it's going to be 215-225. More testing will show me where it is. 
By the numbers, It looks as though the .25 cal gets around 40+/- good, consistent shots.

I had no magazine jams during this session. Everything operated perfectly. At first the operations had a "chalky" feel to them. All of my previous FX rifles have been silky smooth right out of the box. By the time I was done with the chrony work, things had smoothened out a lot. 
IMO,
The Wildcat is looking like a great Grab-n-go rifle. It gives me a feeling of simplicity and function. There's not a bunch of messing around with it. I'm not saying you couldn't but, you don't have to. LOVE the weight! Soooo much better then the Bobcat! I am THRILLED with the magazine change! Thanks FX, Big improvement! The grip feels good. Trigger is nice out of the box, I'll be adjusting it a little bit for my liking. 

I'm going to keep my opinion on the case to myself. I don't have enough experience with hard sided cases to really put my opinion out there. Also, my rifle just won't fit so, it wouldn't be fair. But, I did snap some pics of it...
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with AoA. They sent me the 33" case instead of the 36" case. Simple mistake. The right one is on the way. 

Here's my setup for todays chrony work. 

Accuracy, seems pretty darn good to me! But again, it's a new rifle and I'm waiting for things to settle into their own. Going from low 900's to 930's over two shots can mess things up a bit. Also, I'm so out of practice that I could easily blame myself for any inaccuracy. 
Happy with it? Yup :) Happy enough to get off this computer and go shooting some more! YEAH! :D

Wildcat Review Update: June 9, 2015

Aside from a close brush with a rattlesnake yesterday evening, I haven't had any problems or issues with the Wildcat which is truly refreshing for me as this is the first PCP I have owned that didn't have an issue or problem straight out of the box. No joke. Now watch, I probably just jinxed myself. (knock on wood!).

FX really has stepped up the game with the Wildcat. Now that I have spent 4 days with the rifle, I have come to realize that once of it's best features is also it's most difficult to master. The Wildcat is so responsive, it might not be the right gun for some buyers. Especially those new to the sport. By this I mean every input, however slight, will immediately be picked up by the rifle and translated to the shot. You have to be spot on with your hold, grip, cant, cheek weld, and trigger squeeze right up to the point the sear is released. The FX Wildcat will reward you when you do your part and punish you the moment you slack off. It's not a lazy mans rifle by any streach. This rifle doesn't come with a "That was Easy" button next to their trigger. All I'm saying is if you want a rifle that is forgiving, then the Wildcat is probably not for you.

To be honest, over the past few months, I have been getting a bit bored with airguns and have been hoping for something to come along and rejuvenate my interest. Well I am grateful that the Wildcat is exactly what the doctor ordered. This gun has snapped me out of the doldrums and has me looking forward to spending a lot of time behind it's trigger over the summer.. Okay, enough of that. On to some findings and observations some of you may find practical or useful.

The Wildcat doesn't like my rests. I only have two rests and neither work that well with the Wildcat. I suspect this is primarily due to the shape of the stock, location of the trigger and location of the cocking handle.

The worst rest by far has been my MTM Predator which just won't cooperate with the Wildcat no matter how much I try adjusting it. It's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. That leaves me with my Caldwell Tackdriver bag as my only rest option. The problem with the Tackdriver is that the Wildcat has to sit far forward on the bag to balance properly. In the balanced position, the trigger ends up buried between the lobes of the bag so it's of no use. I was able to find a work around by stuffing a section of newspaper between the lobes of the bag so the trigger remained exposed and accessible. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Speaking of the trigger, many of you may have noticed my post to FX under the Manufacturers Feedback forum. If you weren't aware, I posted some feedback about the Owners Manual lacking information about the Wildcat. What brought this to my attention was when I tried adjusting the trigger's 1st stage travel to remove some of the slack. I found that the trigger on the Wildcat is completely different than the one shown in the Manual. As such, I was on my own and I had resort to trial and error to figure out which of the 4 screws needed to be adjusted to remove the 1st stage travel. Fortunately, I was able to remove most of the travel and even made the 2nd stage a tad more crisp as a bonus. The adjustments to the trigger were instantly translated to less pulled shots and much better accuracy all around. This goes to show just how responsive this rifle is. I would like to point out that FX was extremely quick to reply to my post with a picture of the Wildcat's trigger assembly showing which screws (it's a combination of 2 screws) adjust the 1st stage. If you FX is reading this, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Well, that is it for now. I'll provide more updates as I have the time..

Scott

A pic of the boys...

Thanks for the great review!!

watching this post with relish, I know the rifles new and still working in but your chrony figures give around 40 shots at 925fps...it's interesting that the literature on the FX company claim 60 shots??? 

Makes me me wonder if a regged Bobcat may be a better option for shot count (if that worries the user) as Ted says he gets around 80 shots I believe?? Chime in Ted and correct me if wrong please dude.

Adding my thoughts to the thread.
Showed up this morning and tossed in some air, lubed some pellets and took it out to the back and shot the first 8 shots. Snapped some pics during the process.
Trigger was a little light, I could see myself firing accidentally, especially for a bullpup. Will need to adjust.
FX pellets performed better than I thought they would.
The fit is awesome, from rest to ready to fire really fast and comfortable.
I'm not a fan of the safety location or function. It's way in the back and you need to take your hand off the gun to do it. For a guy with one hand that's an issue. I'll have to rig something up.
It was raining. My bench is under a pop up tent so the 25 yards to target had some rain drops. It's a bit louder than I expected, much louder than the Royale. The target is just a reactive sticker target. The center square is less than an inch. Oh and I didnt even have to adjust my scope, no zeroing or anything.. Pretty close to center I thought.
Overall I'm really impressed with it's accuracy, value and fit. I'll be taking some rats out with this thing soon!