• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

REVIEWS is it just me being old??

With modern technology anyone can make a video review, YouTube is free to use. The one thing I have noticed is no matter how hard you work on producing content people will hate you for it. You can be an honest reviewer and others will call you a liar, you can be dishonest and people will praise every word that comes out and believe anything you say. People are strange but the bottom line is to be happy with the work you do and not concentrate so much on what others think or say. At some point you reach a level where it becomes impossible to produce anything without some financial help, professional camera equipment, editing, fuel and time. The time is really the biggest factor, sometimes up to several weeks to produce one 30 min video depending on the workload. For me this is a full time job, sometimes working into the morning editing video because I take pride in my work. I charge for my time, not my opinions if that makes sense. Not aware how other reviewers work but can't imagine many do things for free, especially if they have worked hard enough to have a large following. Ten years ago I started making videos for fun not thinking I would ever do them professionally for a living. Unfortunately as many start out the quality was terrible, I ruined my chance at really growing the channel. Due to health issues I had to leave my career that I had been doing for over 20+ years, I took some of what I saved to invest in good video equipment and took advice from those who are successful. With some learning and practice I have slowly been able to better the quality of my videos a little, that in turn has improved the channel. Running a channel is like any other job and something I have been blessed to do over the past few years as a career. 

I hate unboxing videos..people waste half of time trying open the box and dont bring any useful information.

I mostly agree.... 15 minutes to drag something out of box..... no thanx....

But I think some of those vids can be useful ib seeing HOW a vendor packs them for shipping, and to some degree you can infer other details from the effort they make to send you their product safely.

but 3 minutes tops......