• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Review: Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm

Short answer: totally worth the money, great features and very good glass for the price.

Longer answer:

Excellent feature set: locking turrets, illuminated reticle, zero stop, PARALLAX DOWN TO 15 YARDS

Available in both MIL and MOA- MIL scope has 31 MIL vertical adjustment which is pretty impressive. Add the zero stop and you're limited to 18 MIL vertical from zero setting. Odd, but not that big a deal for general shooting. If you don't use the zero stop you can use the full 31 mil of adjustment.

Turret clicks are good, on par with a Vortex PST2. Not as nice as my Kahles or Gen2 Razors but still very very good for the price point. I did multiple box tests and the turret repeatability is perfect thus far.

Glass is very good, again for the price. Compared side by side to a PST 2 5-25x and a Gen2 Razor at 600 yards the edge sharpness and chromatic aberration are so close to the PST2 that I can't tell the difference. There's a big jump in image quality to the Gen2 Razor but you're also talking about basically triple the price.

Light gathering and eyebox are also very good. Parallax focus at 25x is quite narrow and as such is workable for rough range finding.

Magnification ring cat-tail is included with the scope and is a nicely machined anodized aluminum, something you'd normally pay an additional $60 for. Also comes with rubber lens caps that will suffice until you can get some decent flip caps.

Mine has the EBR-7C reticle which is probably my most favorite reticle ever at this point. Extremely usable and quick, easily ranges targets and great for hold overs. I usually dial for range and hold for wind if I have the time. While hunting I generally just hold for both. All in all a great value for the money. I'll be buying a few more for my .22s.

1587856227_9348683325ea4c363690253.02640432.jpg