• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Review of Viper 25 caliber

I liked the Idea of the Viper, unfortunately it turned out to be a bit on the weak side and with the price tag of a Grand I think they are out of their mind
I agree, I was excited for this gun, I'm trying to find me a nice little semi-auto air pistol, but a grand for something that shoots under 20fpe just does not fit what I want. I'm really excited for that Huben pistol, love my Huben K1.

Reactions: silvershooter589
I've had the Viper in .25 cal for 2 days now, and Im actually quite happy with the performance. After adjusting the hammerspring I managed to squeeze about 31J (23fpe) out of it using 28.24 grain H&N Hunter Extreme pellets.

I get that the price tag is quite the turnoff for a lot of folks. However, I do see where at least some parts of the pricetag comes from. When I put the Viper next to my Hatsan Sortie, which is pretty much its only competitor right now as far as semi-auto PCP pistols go, you do notice a huge difference in build quality. The Sortie feels really cheap in comparisson. The Viper is much more sturdy, compact, and does have a bit more power (albeit not by much). I won't argue that they couldn't have shaved a few hundred bucks off the price but.. it is what it is.

Im sure the Huben Pistol is gonna be a tough competitor when it launches, and may even result on a price drop on the Viper. But until then it's definitely the best of it's kind.

For me, around 30J is more than enough power to have a blast with it. Especially from such a small package. That said, Im a backyard plinker. I can't really say how viable this thing would be for pesting or hunting.

The viper looks to be on the same level of fit and finish as the huben. Evanix is usually good with making a quality product. I have heard of technical issues with their semi auto air speed but it looks like they have ironed out the problems.

The huben is the better looking pistol but that’s only because Evanix chose function over form when they made the “shroud” an air cylinder. I do like the evanix grip frame over the huben pistol. Would be nice to see a huben aftermarket grip frame modeled after the colt 1911 grip.

The performance of the huben is in another ballpark. And for the extra $200 over the Viper it’s a no brainer which one to go with.

Don't get me wrong I love Evanix, ....all I have is Evanix guns ;) , but.....I do thing they are going a bit nuts with the pricing, they need to settle down a bit.

As for the Air Speed I think they have a really good system going, My Airspeed .22 (after we figured out it needed different magazines for 14gr pellets), the gun itself was fantastic.

I actually like the looks of the Viper, fact is .........the Huben has sooooo much more power on tap.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Been able to crank it up to 35J (almost 26fpe) using 31grain H&N Grizzly's. This thing can definitely bark guys.
The only things Im disappointed about so far is the shot count. If you dip below 140/150 bar it does that "burp" where there isn't enough power to catch the bolt and it basically goes into full-auto. Which is not what they promised. For the prototype, 100 bar was the limit, and some reviewers claimed it could go as low as 70 for the production model. So in 25 cal, 2 mags (12 shots) and it's done. Which is weird, because 150 bar is still well within the green. I should be able to get one more mag out of it, but unfortunately that is not the case. The only upside is that it takes less than a minute to fill back up, even with my tiny compressor. So there's that.

Reactions: Coolhand