• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Review of Sig Virtus PCP

I was skeptical myself, since I had been looking into them. I had purchased from this Ebay vendor before (Sig MPX), The vendor has over 600 positive reviews. From what I understand they sold a bunch to police departments as "training' Tools. 

I asked my local Sig Dealer and he said on a "Hot Release" preference is given to,

1) Large Govt/State

2) Mega Dealers

3) Regular Dealers

4) The Online store

Not much to lose since I have Ebay and Paypal protections.

I will let you know,

Airgunners,

Just purchased an Sig Virtus on EBay. Does anyone have any info/review. I will write on next week, but was wondering if anyone had insight. 

Thanks in Advance

Matt

Did you get a shipping # and idea of arrival date? I’m really interested. I emailed Sig on the 2nd with no reply, so far.

So I think this post may have been an advertisement for the EBay sale. He joined the day this was posted. No reply. 

I talked to a nice guy at Sig Sauer this morning. He said they still have not been released. He had no idea exactly when, but hoped it was weeks or a month off. He said it’s possible, someone, who somehow got the guns early, could conceivably be selling them on EBay. The EBay adds, several, belong to the same seller ID, but show 2 different states as a location. Someone on here said that Airguns were back burner for Sig, and with all the supposed interest, seems true. 

Bought one from sigsauer.com got it last month.

It arrives...

fed ex dropped it to the wrong address then after remarking to the driver the cost and why was confirmation signed by not me she showed up 5 mins later saying she thinks she did deliver it elsewhere and she'd be back in a sec. Hour later shes at my door. She wont hand me the box instead insisting I sign then she hands me the box and bolts. I wished i would have looked at the otherside. 

First look

Massive hole larger than my head and smashed open thru the packing. Box inside hole to thru to the gun. Stock and manual missing. Downloading manual off their site yields 50 blank pages reguardless of program used to open the PDF. This is NOT A SIG product. Sig didnt make this.

Ok breath and....A Second first look 

PROS

this thing definitely looks good online. The MLOK system is lightweight and like all AR platforms highly modifiable. Kinda... the grip comes with storage compartments concealing tool for sight adjustments and basic maintenance. The grips are easily replaceable no spings just one screw and most AR style grips will work. Additional features are available and reasonably priced if you require an adjustable stock. I purchased one from ANS gear, affordable, quick delivery and genuine quality improvement. The virtus now has a mlok bipod for under 40 bucks. Cant remember the site but search virtus 22.cal air rifle accessories on Google should pop up first couple of results. the case is durable steel, you may be able to break the stuff inside but try gettin thru this case without a power saw to fix it!! The best feature in my opinion is the removable muzzle break. Thats right no adaptor needed suppressor ready. And uhm well thats...it for the pros 

AND NOW THE CONS

The wait list and time to resolve exsisting issues unused ,aside. THIS THING LOOKS GREAT...ONLINE when you unbox be prepard to be underwhelmed. The color is a nice blue toy like looking color and finish. AND thats not all ...remember the busy looking parts that make it pop online. Now you can see upclose the lackluster low grade metal buttons and dodad that dont do anything and upclose you too can see their glued on!!! The trigger @just over 7lbs is rigid and clunky. Machining is so loose from tank fitting to barrel. Most screws are not even tighten but the bottle is. I watched countless yt vids and took the less asertive method toward assembly. At first the tank went on and easily back off. Put it together before bed, woke up and its like its jb welded permanently. While it appeared Rail on top is loose and shifts, its not a lot... but this is not acceptable for mounting optics on a $400.00 (389.73 actually) purchase direct from a leading manufacturer with such history.[especially considering i picked up sig p365 for $459 not too long ago, 70 bucks more and never has the quality 70 bucks bought been so drastically different]. The forementioned Shot velocity consistancy is poor at best. Accuracy issues seem to be from poor labor practices, poor assembly and nonexistent quality controle, as well as the sub standard regulator and flawed cnc Machining calculations which adorn this thing. The weight may be spot on but the ballance on the virtus is not similar. Its top heavy (front) as hell most the weight comes from the plastic molding encapsulating the barrel. Avilable barrel mods like caliber selection and legnth are pretty much nonexistent unless you want them bad enough to have them fabricated. The lack of rails on the bottom is disappointing but i should have gleened that from the pictures. Every video i watched boasted it comes with high quality iorn sights...flat out Lie. Cheapest iorns sights ive owned in 30 years. Not that it matters a tape measure held horizontal in a hurricane is sturdier than this product out of the box. The worst part for me has to be, unlike its other counterparts of sig, the virtus cannot be fully disassembled. Which drastically reduces mods and customization of its guts. So no trigger jobs or quality improvements where they would really count. I thought the barrel was rifled but the way it shoots lets me know i was most likely mistaken in my assumption that I had read that somewhere. The look and paid content spammed all over YouTube in disguise as reviews along with the credibility the sig name boasts are what there counting on to offload this...product.

And in conclusion

Which truely shows how much this product is nothing more than a cash grab at the expense of their consumers.while the weight is comparable quite accurate to its real world counterpart, it is in no way a training tool. The amount of play and sway between all major points of assembly makes for a chore just keeping the gun from bending to and fro in my arms while the stock is firmly against my sholder and a magpul forgrip added. Add to that the barrel floats loose with a mm or 2 gap. And the guns platform is so collapsed, riser accompanied optics are a necessity. Its like a watch that says rowex but worse.There's no play on words here. the authentic sig logo is posted prodly on the side of this outsourced amalgamation of garbage. The people who are currently overseeing SIG are selling the legacy and reputation for a quick buck now as if sustainability repulses them. I wont be purchasing any new products from sig in the future. Not if this is an indicator of their dedication to quality in their industry.

I was hoping it was just fed ex who destroyed the rifle but upon watching more reviews they all note at least 2 of the problems i had already experienced and some with issues i never encountered. So it should tell you something when the people who got free guns and paid to say nice things... still bring up problem after problem and highlight short commings just to end with them giving 8.5 out of 10 stars. And telling you after a lil jury rigging this is a quality product and a sure buy.........but you dont jury rigg freakin quality!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the definitive example of an OXYMORON.

I had ordered a new Virtus this week directly from Sig's online store a long with some other accessories to make life easier. Built it up today and set about doing some paperwork with the rounds I had from ASP20 testing.

The lesson learned here: Round quality matters in this gun. The attached target was at 25 yards going diagonally in the back yard. I did it with JSB Hades .22 Diablo rounds. 

To me, this looks much better than what some of the other reviewers have been getting.

I also used the second joint of my index finger as demonstrated in Pyramid Air's blogs and pulled the rifle tight into my shoulder.

No other mods than what you see. My barrel and bottle seating were tight. No wobble.

PXL_20210619_203658796.1624136319.jpg
PXL_20210619_203545456.1624136320.jpg