• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Review: Air Venturi Rat On The Run FT style knockdown target

http://www.airgunsarp.com/2016/03/08/air-venturi-rat-on-the-run-target/ 

Knockdown field target style targets have been available from a number of manufacturers over the years. They have all had a couple major problems, mainly due to poor engineering decisions. Many either try to cut corners on quality by either tack welding a vital part on, else using a rivet or spring clip at a potential point of failure. The AV Rat On The Run target uses actually nuts and bolts on these points of failure however, making it possible to repair a broken target with little to no tools. Video review on the link above. 

I have shot and looked at these targets. Personally the only complaint would be the way the reducers are set behind the face plate but that shouldn't effect anything just a bit confusing with low power scope if placed ina dark hole.
Otherwise it does seem one of the very best in the price range. And it seems worth pointing out that the metal used for the face plate is a decent amount beefier - sorry no measurements - than say a gamo or Remington. My opinion, unless you want to step up to a $60.00ish resettable target the "rat on the run" is currently the value.

John

Thanks for pointing that out on the beefier metal, I agree. I was actually going to pick up a bunch of the Crosman Zombie targets for setting up a practice course, mainly as they had easy to replace faceplates. After some testing though, the Crosman just didn't hold up all that well. The AV Rat On The Run seems to have been well thought out as far as using bolts that can be replaced for certain. The metal still is much thinner compared to the FT targets used at the club ( www.bagaclub.com ), however I agree with you that unless you step up significantly in price, these $20 targets can't be beat.