Retuning RAW HM1000X it's too loud

" but i know its impossible that my old barrel is quieter than my new one " Right you are ! Your barrel most likely is NOT making any sound, eh? 

Nice of the professionals to try and help here. But I see no issue with raw here. Rather just a lack of understanding , perhaps unrealistic/uninformed - would they be- opinions?

Now if a written claim of say "maximum 49db" or such was made and your RAW, FX, Daystate/other ( do note people purchase aftermarket items for all these brands ) does not meet that description and you relied upon it for your decision to purchase that would be an issue.

If it helps I would be happy to test a few barrels ( that's what makes the noise right?) and sell anyone who like the quietest one for a slight premium.

I believe I have read where donnyfl and spaw et al. came out with an aftermarket unit ( as donny makes for pretty much all manufacturers from daystate to crosman) for the raw rigs that folks seem to love. I believe it IS stated to lower the sound level below factory levels, maybe give one a try. 

Loud barrel, LOL.

John

RAW 50 ft-lb, .25 cal LW Rifled shroud:

1544823148_19856889215c14216c8ec903.09063299_5390C0BE-8CE9-4E5C-9BAE-2F74FA51F8A8.jpeg

60 ft-lb version looks identical to the photo above, though the lengths are different. The OAL of the 60 is about 1” longer than the 50 fpe version. Both of mine are ‘centered’ like your 50 fpe version. I think the difference is the CFOS design-which is a larger diameter than the centered version.

I would say they are just ‘different’ designs. I don’t own a CFOS but my buddy does-they don’t sound notably different from what I recall from hearing his gun's muzzle report.

Hope that helps? Per "what is supposed to come from the factory", everything looks like its correct to me.

Yes, there likely are more efficient designs on the market...

Sean

Hi ,

My CFOS Moderator from RAW is also empty and it’s designed as such. It has a low pressure and high pressure chamber and that’s it (same as pictures above). Believe me this does quiet down the gun as if you shot without it it’s very very loud. Remember Martin is not in the silencer business he is in the rifle fabrication business . DonnyFl is a silencer affectionado and his products show it.

Hope this helps but you Moderator is not missing anything it’s how it was designed.

The strange thing is that I have e mailed to Martin as well as Ken Hiks for all the guidance for me for proper balance of regulator , HST, hammer weight etc. But no one gave me any input.

I was expecting great customer support in the cases like myself, who can't send their guns back to US for desired work.

I hope I can find out myself but it will be very time consuming. 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

The strange thing is that I have e mailed to Martin as well as Ken Hiks for all the guidance for me for proper balance of regulator , HST, hammer weight etc. But no one gave me any input.

I was expecting great customer support in the cases like myself, who can't send their guns back to US for desired work.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur

We can give customer support to factory rifles, not altered rifles without the rifle being in our hands. You buy a new truck and put aftermarket HP engine in it and it runs bad, do you take it back to the dealer? Plus you are asking for build details that are not released to public for the fact that it would be copied horribly.

Ken

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur

We can give customer support to factory rifles, not altered rifles without the rifle being in our hands. You buy a new truck and put aftermarket HP engine in it and it runs bad, do you take it back to the dealer? Plus you are asking for build details that are not released to public for the fact that it would be copied horribly.

Ken

Dear Ken,

I can't make you understand my point if you don't want to. 

I am already doing improvements in RAW factory design.

It's not the stone age where people did not want to share things to keep their importance. Rather it's the time of sharing things.

I have interaction with more successful companies who share such details without asking.

Your matter is a bit different but the manufacturer had told me that I can convert it to .22 50fpe version by my own without sending it to US.

I understand it means availability of all that info that is required for such change.

It's not rocket science sir.

If God wished I will do it myself and I think then my sharing such info should not annoy anyone.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards ,

Umair Bhaur