• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Resurrected Falcon custom classic ain't lost a lick!

FN12 at 50.jpg

As is too often the case, some of my more 'storied' airguns too often go neglected due to other airgun priorities. But with one of the highest such priorities now behind, yesterday I dug out one of my coolest air pistols to not only continue correcting damage inflicted by a perfect storm of inadequate packaging by the seller and ape-ish "professional" package handlers, but have some FUN.

The shipping damage too severe to save the repeating function (without replacement parts availability), I'd fashioned a single-shot tray from an original (8 shot) magazine. Unfortunately the SS tray being more than a little fiddly to use🤬, one of yesterday's priorities was to improve the tray to a higher level of (less fiddly) functionality. Thankfully... SUCCESS!:p

In fact, so much so I was able to take advantage of all-too-rare light wind conditions to (finally) document the lovely custom(ized) Falcon FN12's accuracy potentials at 50 yards by shooting four consecutive five-shot groups from sand-bagged bench-rest, measuring each group center-to-center, and calculating AVERAGE accuracy potentials; per my usual accuracy-testing protocols. The white aiming spots are 3/4 to 1" diameter.

The groups (surrounding the quarter under the Falcon's fore-end in the photo) measured (clockwise from top) .62", 1.17", .63" and .72". The average calculated to a very gratifying ("drum-roll, please") .79" center-to-center. I repeat... SUCCESS!😁

18.13 grain JSB, 2650 PSI fill, 21 shot powerband- Low= 686, High= 706, ES= 20, SD= 3, Average= 696 FPS/19.5 foot pounds.

Such results are made all the sweeter given all the angst, anguish, and many hours of tedious work🥵 required to not just save this unique custom classic, but do justice to its unique beauty and fine performance. It was worth it... finally!(y)

FN stock FLR copy.jpg

Last edited:
Confusing:

”Resurrected Falcon", "pistol", "FN19".

The FN19 is a rifle. Attempts to Google "falcon FN19 pistol" brings up videos and reviews of the rifle. Even Google links to "falcon FN19 pistol" lead to YouTube videos of the rifle.

For those of us who have never heard of a Falcon FN19 pistol, what is it's caliber? What is it powered by?

Sorry about the confusion Felinis; my fault! Whether it was a typo or brain-fart on my part I can't say, but I didn't catch the mistake in my editing process.

On second thought it probably wasn't a typo, since the 9 and 2 are widely separated on the keyboard. And having owned several FN19s, it was no doubt a brain-fart. I've edited my original post to read FN12.

BTW, to my knowledge Falcon didn't make FN12 pistols. Regardless, the stock on this one is definitely after-market. Probably a Fajen; and likely originally for a Remington XP100 modified by someone for the FN12. The (silver aluminum) trigger-block also looks the be custom machined.

Apologies,
Ron

Sorry about the confusion Felinis; my fault! Whether it was a typo or brain-fart on my part I can't say, but I didn't catch the mistake in my editing process.

On second thought it probably wasn't a typo, since the 9 and 2 are widely separated on the keyboard. And having owned several FN19s, it was no doubt a brain-fart. I've edited my original post to read FN12.

BTW, to my knowledge Falcon didn't make FN12 pistols. Regardless, the stock on this one is definitely after-market. Probably a Fajen; and likely originally for a Remington XP100 modified by someone for the FN12. The (silver aluminum) trigger-block also looks the be custom machined.

Apologies,
Ron
The Falcon Lighthunter FN 12 is a rifle too. Is yours a pistol with an optional rifle stock? One of the online postings starts out referring to a pair of pistols then midway switch to talking about a rifle.

Who is the manufacturer?

Are you sure that you don't have an FN8 pistol?

What caliber is your pistol?

Last edited:
The Falcon Lighthunter FN 12 is a rifle too. Is yours a pistol with an optional rifle stock? One of the online postings starts out referring to a pair of pistols then midway switch to talking about a rifle.

Who is the manufacturer?

Are you sure that you don't have an FN8 pistol?

What caliber is your pistol?
Falcon is the manufacturer, and I've owned most of their rifle and pistol models. Assuming they didn't produce FN12 pistols, I think a previous owner converted an FN12 Light Hunter into this pistol. The 8, 12 and 19 in model designations refers to the barrel and chamber-tube lengths. Hence my .22 pistol definitely isn't an FN8, and I don't have a carbine stock for it.

HI Breeze. I just noticed your photo of which includes a FN12. It looks very much like my .177 lighthunter, (a LH Bolt action) and I was wondering if I may ask for your help. Two points - is there a chance that you might know of where I can get a copy of the user manual for this rifle, and as I want to fit a foster quick release coupling onto the cylinder thread, (as I see you have) where can I get the female to female converter nut to allow me to screw on the foster? I trust that you do not mind my asking. :unsure:

HI Breeze. I just noticed your photo of which includes a FN12. It looks very much like my .177 lighthunter, (a LH Bolt action) and I was wondering if I may ask for your help. Two points - is there a chance that you might know of where I can get a copy of the user manual for this rifle, and as I want to fit a foster quick release coupling onto the cylinder thread, (as I see you have) where can I get the female to female converter nut to allow me to screw on the foster? I trust that you do not mind my asking. :unsure:
Is this what you are looking for?

What is a "foster"?

View attachment prairie-falcon-pcp-rifle-manual.pdf

What is a "foster"?

View attachment 388024

Although I can tell you the manual you shared isn't what Rara was looking for, I downloaded and saved it. Thank you Felinis!

The Prairie Falcon was a later generation than the FN models. The FNs made more use of ferrous metals, and the later PF models incorporated some non-ferrous alloys. There were also design differences I'l describe as Old versus New School.

I've owned both generations of Falcons; all are GEMS. Having let my PF get away, I'd love to acquire a replacement. My (long-lost) .177 PF-

Airgun bobcat.jpg

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas

What is a "foster"?

View attachment 388024
Hi. Thank you for your reply.

First - the ‘foster’ is the quick release (spring pull back) coupling unit, as sold by best fittings here in the U.K. These (two part) couplings allow you to attach a charging source cable, with the female part, to the male, without any need to screw up a threaded nut. (look at the photos in Breeze post) you can see the male fitting of the coupler at the end of the pcp cylinder.

Second - sorry this is the wrong manual, in as much that it shows the pcp cylinder as having a gauge on the end. The model I have (like the one in Breeze photo only has the charging thread. Hence the added coupling. I need to find the earlier ‘lighthunter’ manual. Thank you though for your input. :)