• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results RESULTS FROM THAGC 1/9/21 MATCH

Match Report for the THAGC 1/9/21 Match

Yesterday was made for FT shooting. It was a chilly day in beautiful Pleasant Hill, NC with temps starting in the low to mid 30's & ending in high 30's to low 40's by the afternoon. Winds were predicted at 8-10 mph & they were every bit of that & then some. We had 9 shooters show up for a day of fun in the sun slinging lead. We had 5 WFTF PCP, 1 Open PCP, & 3 Hunter class( 2 PCP & 1 Springer)

We also had two new shooters joining us for their first FT match. Matt Stark , owner of Riot Baits, came all the way from Mooresville, NC to participate. Matt is a former 3 position shooter & it shows. Matt borrowed my Steyr Challenge & relegated me to my back up rifle, my Daystate Griffin SE. Also joining us for his first time was Josh Winslow. he made the long trip from Camden, SC to shoot. Josh has decided to take the hard road in FT & shoot springers. He shot Curt Hathaway's HW97 for the match. For a first time EVER shooter & springer at that , he shot over 50% in the match with high winds!!! I really hope we get to see more of these two guys shooting with us. They are going to be hard to beat. I imagine in a very short time too. Must be something in the water in the Carolinas. LOL!!

The match was a Euro style match. We shot a 26 lane , 52 shot match. We utilized the White course on the Gas Line as well as the Blue Course in the woods. Both courses had been reconfigured & I'd say that the Troyer for both was a 32-34 Troyer. That's not figuring in the wind.

We started on the White Course at 10:00AM. Let's just say that the wind gods wanted us to know that they were there. After a few minutes any exposed skin was freezing !! The wind was blowing hard enough that it was moving us even in the seated position. I felt like a wind vane on the kneeling lane. Winds were constantly changing speed & direction. It made the course challenging but a lot of fun to shoot. Target 25 was a 1 1/2" 55 yarder that I set up last weekend. I braved thigh deep raging waters to get it in the tree. i was determined to get that one. Alas, I missed it. The target is straight down the gas line near the woods edge. The wind was constantly shifting directions & swirling other times. Only three shooters knocked the target down. Mike R., David D., & Paul P. got the Carolina tree rat!! Congrats guys on some great shooting! The rest of us couldn't figure it out. Once we completed the 13 lanes there, we all moved to the woods to shoot the Blue course. With the wind subdued some by the trees, it felt like it was 20 degrees warmer. Needless to say there is some tricky wind back in those woods & especially in the gully area of the course. I think everyone was tired at the end of the match but we all had a great time!!! Thanks to all who showed up to shoot. It means a lot to us that set up the courses when you give up your time to come shoot with us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the February match. Planning on getting back to our normal schedule of shooting on the first Saturday of the month. It could change due to weather conditions. Stay tuned & hope to see you in February !!!

WFTF

1st Mike E. 37

2nd Gerald L. 36

3rd Chris C. 35

4th Matt S. 28 1st Time Shooter

5th Curt H. 27

HUNTER PCP/SPRINGER

1st Mike R. 36

2nd Josh W. 27 1st Time Shooter & Springer to Boot

3rd David D. 19

OPEN PCP

1st Paul P. 37