• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Results from our FT Match, Nov. 21st in Concord Ca-> Turkey Shoot too!

Brilliant winters sun lit up the range, bringing warmth and a tricky wind into the field. We've protection on three sides at the MPR, causing the wind to swirl over and back, and then left to right depending on how far out the targets are. A couple of shooters were using slugs (under 20 ft lbs, any soft lead projectile is allowed) to see if the wind was more manageable with better BC. The results were mixed.

One shooter has had great success with 13 grain Knockouts, at 810 fps, (Daystate Redwolf) while another used 12 grain Howlers at 16 ft lbs and didn't think the velocity loss bettered the lessor wind impact. 

The Motorhead frankengun using .20 cal pellets seemed not to be bothered by the shifting conditions, so maybe the answer lies in caliber unless the magic slug is found for your gun.

Along with the match, the FT shooters had 10 knockdown silhouette turkeys added. Those counted as the Forced position lane, but on the plus side, those 10 targets were the same the public was shooting concurrently at for a Turkey shoot. I believe there were 56 FT targets plus the 10 offhand Turkey shots at 36 yards. 

The public attendance- complete families- was high, and having the gen pop circulate down the shooting line to see the FT exotica was exciting. I receive many emails and calls asking where the dads and mom's should shop for a PCP after they've shot with our club guns and saw how fun the FT match is.

The public had access to a FX Crown, Air Arms S510, Benjie Marauder, and Air Arms S200. Having a quality rifle, pre-sighted and with a tripod to shoot off while warming up, helped make the event newbie friendly.

I had help from two Club volunteers, Conrad and Steve D'- couldn't have done this without the extra eyes and hands. Also, the FT shooters were great in pitching in with setup, tear down and sharing what the sport was like. Getting past the strangeness of airguns, seeing how pleasant, easy and accurate they are- it's great ambassadorship. We need to do more events like this for outreach- even the non gun attendee's, the one's that came under their spouses duress, had a good shoot.

We had a guest, arrived first thing while we were setting up. Roberto wanted to get into air guns, but didn't know where to start. AJ was kind enough to adopt him, share his gun during the match as they shot side by side- this is why I love our sport. Anyone is welcome and there are more people here to help than you can imagine!

Quick correction to the Classes below- Eric S. shot under HFT and I bet I'll hear a bunch of other updates- everyone shot very well considering the challenging winds and smaller KZ's present.

Picture1.1637783840.png

What about the turkey shoot? Is a picture worth a thousand words?

Picture2.1637784028.png

Scores- top two Youth received a $15 Safeway gift card, top 3 Shooters received a $35 Safeway card:

offhand.1637784734.png

I've a long video of the event, hope to see everyone ( and more!) next year!

https://youtu.be/rmALyfTT660

Slugs!!! OMG! They must have been ricocheting all over the place, into buildings and into the next County!!! Plus totally destroying all your expensive targets….

J/K, poking fun at the AAFTA BOG recent (illogical) decision.

Looks like a fun match. Keep an eye on that guy with them Daystate LPR, he’s sneaky!!! ;)