• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Results for the AAFTA S.O.F.T Opening GP Sept 29th - Oct 1st.

Hello everyone, the Southern Oregon Field Target club would like to invite you to our first GP event.

September 29th, 30th and Oct 1st. Are the dates I put in for with AAFTA.

All AAFTA Rifle & Pistol rules and classes apply. See at www.aafta.org The “Western Free Style” class will also be allowed. In any matters arising and not covered by these rules, the Match Director’s decision will be final.

Airgun Oregon was gracious enough to offer up shooting facilities and assist in my first match while my course over here in Brookings OR. is being built.

There will be a new course setup at Wayne's for this GP event. Anyone who has shot there knows its Disneyland for airguns! And if you have not attended a match there you should spoil yourself. Huge thank you to Wayne and Randy.

Post any questions here or drop me an email at [email protected]

Emigrant Lake campground is close by and has tent and full hookup site available, with flush toilets and hot shower available onsite. Match site link, you can expand to see the campground site.

Practice begins on the sight in line for registered competitors, on Friday between 7am and 7pm. Equipment inspection and FPE testing will be done before you get to sight in and during the matches at testing lanes.

NO lasers or separate range finding devices are allowed, (except for the “Western Free Style” class/squads), and anyone seen with a range finder on the course at any time before or during any of the pistol or rifle matches will be disqualified.

PISTOL FIELD TARGET MATCH – Sep 29th (IF AT LEAST 6 PRE REGISTER)

Safety Meeting will be at 2:45pm on Friday afternoon. Match starts at 3:00Pm. This will be a 40 shot course, 10 lanes, 2 targets per lane, with two shots per target. Targets will be set from 10 to 35 yards and kill zones will be from ½” to 2”. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors are allowed 5 minutes to make 4 shots. One lane will be standing only. Note that this course is also open to “Basic Break Barrel rifles”, (if 3 shooters preregister), with 12 X or less scopes.

Unlimited class pistols can shoot the RIFLE course and win separate awards if 3 shooters register.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY ONE – Sep 30th

Competitors can start sight in practice for the Rifle Field Target match at 7am. Safety Meeting begins at 9:45am. The match starts at 10:00am. This will be a 51 shot course, with 17 lanes, 3 targets per lane, with one shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 4 minutes; to set up, make their 3 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. One lane will be standing and one will be kneeling.

SATURDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS at 1:00 pm

Bring your favorite low power offhand rig for the afternoon and evening side shoots.

RIFLE FIELD TARGET MATCH- DAY TWO – Oct 1st

Competitors can start sight in practice for the Rifle Field Target match at 7am. Safety Meeting begins at 9:00am. The match starts at 9:15am. This will be a 51 shot course, with 17 lanes, 3 targets per lane, with one shot per target. Timers will be given with the score cards. Competitors will be allowed 4 minutes; to set up, make their 3 shots. Time starts when you enter the shooters box. One lane will be standing and one will be kneeling.

SUNDAY FREE LUNCH STARTS as you finish the course. AWARD PRESENTATIONS will follow. Hopefully awards will be done by 1:30 or so for those who might need a quick exit for travel.

Jacob W Sumner

Match Director,

2023 AAFTA S.O.F.T Opening Gp

Registration Form - email me for a word doc emailed back to you.

Name__________________________________________ Phone ___________________

Address__________________________________________________________________

City______________________________________ State________ Zip_______________ Email____________________________________________________________________

Air Rifle___________________________________________ Pellet & speed___________

Scope___________________________________________ Ft. Lbs.__________________

Rifle Divisions

Open PCP ____ Open Piston ____ Hunter PCP____

WFTF 12fpe PCP ____ WFTF 12fpe Piston____ Hunter Piston____

Air Pistol ____________________________Pellet & speed________________________

Scope___________________________________________ Ft. Lbs. _________________

Pistol Divisions- All divisions have a 12fpe limit with a 12 power scope only

Limited PCP ____ Hunter PCP ____ Hands only ____ Basic Break Barrel Rifle _____

I ____________________________________ have read the AAFTA safety rules, and hereby release all the owners of the property and managers of the “ AAFTA S.O.F.T Opening Gp ” field target event from any and all liability from any injuries, losses and any other liabilities that might occur at any air gun matches at 4268 Hwy 99 south, Ashland, Or. 97520

Signed by competitor___________________________________________ Date_______________

Cost is $85. Use pay pal (friends) at [email protected], or make check payable to Wayne Burns, for 2023 S.O.F.T Opening GP. Online registration: airgunoregon.com or email below for one.

Send to: Wayne Burns, 4268 Hwy 99 South, Ashland, Oregon 97520

Match Director: Jacob W Sumner
Cell phone – Five 41-200-5008 email [email protected]

Places to stay near the Venue

Campground near Emirgrant Lake

https://ashlandcreeksiderv.com/

Emirgrant Lake Campgound

http://jacksoncountyor.org/parks/Camping/Emigrant-Lake

541-774-8183

Cedar Wood Inn

https://www.hotels.com/ho268255/cedarwood-inn-of-ashland-ashland-united-states-of-america/

Relax Inn

https://www.hotels.com/ho347679/relax-inn-at-ashland-ashland-united-states-of-america/

Flagship Inn

https://www.hotels.com/ho124407/flagship-inn-of-ashland-ashland-united-states-of-america/

Windsor Inn

https://www.hotels.com/ho493846/best-western-windsor-inn-ashland-united-states-of-america/

Holiday Inn Express

https://www.hotels.com/ho199448/holiday-inn-express-suites-ashland-ashland-united-states-of-america/

Campgrounds next door to the Venue

Glenyan Private campground

Hope to see you there!

Jacob W Sumner.

Last edited:
One shot per target... I was wondering when Match Directors would begin to offer matches in the style of the World Field Target Championship. Well done! Not saying one shot per target is necessarily better than two (harder for sure), but just think it would be nice to see some one shot per target matches mixed in with the others.

Chas

One shot per target... I was wondering when Match Directors would begin to offer matches in the style of the World Field Target Championship. Well done! Not saying one shot per target is necessarily better than two (harder for sure), but just think it would be nice to see some one shot per target matches mixed in with the others.

Chas
The trick, as I understand it, is that 50% of the targets have to be different from day 1 to day 2 to be AAFTA compliant. I don't know if that means the targets have to be physically different or just moved to a different position or lane. I assume the latter, but I don't care enough to look at the rule book right now.

The trick, as I understand it, is that 50% of the targets have to be different from day 1 to day 2 to be AAFTA compliant. I don't know if that means the targets have to be physically different or just moved to a different position or lane. I assume the latter, but I don't care enough to look at the rule book right now.
For AAFTA a course set to be shot 2 times per target must have at least 50% of targets moved. Current rules do not cover WFTF style courses clearly and we are working with the BOG to figure it out.

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
Update: AAFTA has decided that even if I set the course WFTF style. I would have to move 50% of the targets on day two.

In my opinion the math does not add up on that decision.

We would have to move an entire course worth of (26) targets to move 50% of a wftf style course.

But as to not ruffle feathers, and make sure we can pull it off inside the rules. We will be switching to two shots per target, Three targets per lane.

Sorry to any competitors who were planning on using this match to practice for the upcoming 2024 worlds match.

Any questions please contact me at [email protected]

Sincerely

Jacob W Sumner

Last edited:
HUGE NEWS!!!
FX Legion has donated a voucher for an FX Airguns Panthera 700mm in .22 caliber.
For the upcoming S.O.F.T Opening AAFTA - American Airgun Field Target Association GP.
To be a member of the FX Legion join here https://l.facebook.com/l.php... Support the great companies that support us!
Tell them Jacob Sumner sent you.

Here is the catch this great prize is going to the top shooter!
I repeat this voucher for an FX Panthera is going to the top score!!!
Bring your A game.

If you are planning on attending this match please drop me an email at [email protected] so I can have enough food lined up.
Or message me here and let me know please and thank you.

Update on the prize list and sponsors for the S.O.F.T Opening AAFTA GP Sep. 29 - Oct. 1st. We would like to extend a huge thank you to our sponsors.

FX Legion Donated a voucher that 1st place overall will be able to turn in for an FX Airguns Panthera 700mm .22! Don't forget to join the FX legion and show your love in helping them grow too. Exclusive Legion Store Access. Unlock Unique Missions & Rewards. Shape the Future of FX Outdoors. This company responds to its members and listens. https://fx-legion.com/pages/fx-legion-sign-up

Athlon Optics Donated a Heras SPR 6-24x56 with FFP reticle That will go to 2nd place overall. Oh and not to mention Athlon Optics is a US company that honors a transferable lifetime warranty!!! On top of that just shooting this match will qualify you for a $2,000 product package. If you take first, second or third using an Athlon scope. You qualify to enter in a $10,000 cash drawing!!! Another great company growing the industry. So help them grow too! https://athlonoptics.com/giveback/ /a>
Pyramyd AIR under the new moniker Adventures In Recreation. Has Donated an Air Venturi Avenger Bullpup, Regulated PCP Air Rifle. That will go to 3d place overall. Amazing company that just held its own very large event, the Pyramyd AIR Cup. If you missed it this year be sure and try and make the next one!!! Not only do they sell all things airgun. Now they have all things for you to enjoy adventures in recreation. https://www.pyramydair.com/

JSB Match Diabolo Donated monies to help cover overhead and growth of the club to make this possible now and in the future. JSB has been a major part of field target and the airgun community. Multiple titles have been won by Predator Pellets and multiple more will be to come! https://www.schulzdiabolo.cz/en/

And last but most important to me. I would like to thank Airgun Oregon for everything they have done to make this match possible. For those who don't know. Wayne and Randy have created airgun disneyland! Wayne has been a driving force in growing all things airguns. Randy has been there backing him and busting his Swamp Donkey rump. Both have spent endless time, money and energy.

Soon to be three full time field target rifle courses. Two full time field target pistol courses. Dedicated airgun range at the local Ashland Gun and Archery Club. With twelve 100 yard benches, long range targets out to 395 yards. A set of speed challenge targets and a full time Extreme field target course. More news coming soon!

Please take the time to visit these companies and support them on social media. It does not take a lot to hit the like button, comment follow or subscribe. But it does mean the difference between them making extra money to help fund supporting the community!
Sincerely.
Jacob W Sumner
#fxlegion #fxairguns #athlonoptics #jsbmatchdiabolo #jsbpellets #pyramydair #airgunoregon #prizes #stepyourgameup

Last edited:
Yes Cameron is the man!!!
Cameron Kerndt took home the top honor and prize for the FX Panthera sponsored by Fx Legion.

Randy Ebersole took home second place and the Athlon Heras 6-24x56 ffp sponsored by Athlon Optics.

Wayne Burns took home third and the Air Venturi Avenger bullpup sponsored by Pyramyd Air.

Just got home from Ashland, gonna wind down spend time with my dog and pops. Then go see my mom tonight.

I will do a match report in the next few days.

Thank you again to everyone who attended.

And a huge thank you to our sponsors, and Airgun Oregon for allowing me to host there.

View attachment IMG_0873.JPG

View attachment IMG_0874.JPG

View attachment IMG_0875.JPG

View attachment IMG_0876.JPG

View attachment IMG_0877.JPG

View attachment IMG_0878.JPG

View attachment IMG_0879.JPG

View attachment IMG_0880.JPG

View attachment IMG_0881.JPG

View attachment IMG_0882.JPG

View attachment IMG_0883.JPG

View attachment IMG_0884.JPG

View attachment IMG_0885.JPG

View attachment IMG_0886.JPG

View attachment IMG_0888.JPG

View attachment IMG_0890.JPG

View attachment IMG_0891.JPG

View attachment IMG_0892.JPG

View attachment IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_20231001_131116.jpg

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
S.O.F.T Opening AAFTA GP 9/29-10/01/2023

My first match is in the books!!!

That was an experience for sure, fun and stressful.
Thank you to all match directors who continue to do this.

I would like to thank Airgun Oregon for allowing me to host at the Disneyland of Field Target.

Huge thank you goes to all of our sponsor who made this possible.

Fx Legion donated the FX Panthera that went home with the man himself, shooting overall high score of 99/102 Mr. Cameron Kerndt!!!

Athlon Optics donated a Heras 6-24x56 ffp that went home with the Randy Ebersole for second over all and a score of 91/102

Pyramyd Air donated an Air Venturi Avenger bullpup that Wayne Burns took claim to with3rd over all and right on Randy’s Swamp Donkey tail shooting a 90/102.

JSB Match Diabolo donated monies to fund the match food, medals and overhead.

Jefferson State Air Rifles has been supporting my shooting for going on a year now.

Tactacam and I have just started working together but they have been a great company to work with.

Friday day one,

We had planned on shooting pistol and all shooters even got sighted in. Everyone sat down to there first lane and we got rained out before lane was finished. I made a suggestion we start the pistol match Saturday afternoon. All agreed and we moved out of the rain to dry our spirits.

Saturday day two

My stress levels were through the roof lol. I got up at 3:30 AM and tuned my rifle in the tunnel.
6:30 ish the sun was high enough for me to start painting the course. It was a bit cloudy but forecast was slight sprinkles with sun breaking through around 12:00.

I understand timing is everything so we waited until we could get all 15 shooters on site to start the rifle match. And decided to shoot pistol first to let any late arrivals make it as we had all pistol shooters on site.

Hunter Pistol 40shots total

Wayne Burns won pistol high score with a 37/40

Scott Schneider took second with a 32/40

Randy Ebersole took third with a 28/40

Jacob Sumner took third with a 25/40

Alan Stovall took fourth with a 12/40 (gun had a leak)

Limited Pistol 40shots total

Cameron Kerndt took first in limited second overall with a 36/40

Basic Break Barrel had two shooters

Mark Weidert shot a28/40

Jason Blackburn shot a 28/40

I had to run to town and get pizza for lunch while Wayne handled the shoot off. Jason took it with three out of four to Marks two out of four.

Still Day One,
We ate pizza and attacked the course with 15 shooters.

Cameron shot high score for the day only missing one 47/48

Jason Blackurn shot a great score of 44/48

and we had a two way tie between Wayne Burns and Randy Ebersole for third with 43/48

Day Three Sunday,
Had 16 shooters show up and see how they could do at Disneyland of field target

Was again Cameron putting on a clinic with Randy and Wayne going back and fourth for 2nd and 3rd.
The sun was out and it was a beautiful way to finish.
Only a few target malfunctions and protest to be had for the weekend.

After Cameron served us all a piece of humble pie.
We had Tacos I made for lunch ending a great final day.
Everyone gathered for the award ceremony and parted ways for home.

Moment to brag on Cameron: Overall high score with a 99/102. Only missing one shot with his Rapid Air Worx on day one. Still have not seen a course cleaned on the west coast during a GP. One of the best in the world went to the dark side of airguns. The pcp open class to get within one. I have a feeling he could have done it too.
Great Shooting you have stepped your game up to another level my friend.

Scores by class.

Open

Cameron Kerndt 99/102

Jim Whittlesey 89/102

Jacob Sumner 28/102

Hunter Pcp

Randy Ebersole 91/102

Wayne Burns 90/102

Jason Blackburn 89/102

Scott Schneider 82/102

Kevin Hirsch 61/102

Alan Stovall 42/102

Eric McCormick 36/102

Sol Tinnm 27/102

Jack C 20/102

Randy Moore 7/102

Keith Miller 3/102

Kirk Campbell 3/102

WFTF Piston

Mark Weirdert 69/102

Thank you again to everyone who attended, and helped to make this match possible.
I definitely learned things I will do again, and a few things I will avoid lol.

Airgun Oregon made this match possible by allowing me to rent the range and assisting in all things.
They are offering this to all clubs who want to host a match. Contact Wayne Burns at [email protected] for more details.

Sincerely

Match Director: Jacob Sumner

Last edited: