• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

RESULTS...CENTRAL PA AIRGUN 3/19

In spite of the blustery weather we had 11 shooters competing in a tight 20 meter match. The two oldest shooters at 75 and 81 years young led the way with scores of 39x40. After a 1 shot best center shoot off Jeff Gates narrowly edged out Nick Wracher. Top Jr. was Isaiah Snyder. Next match will be April 16th. Come join the fun. This is the third match in a row that has ended with shoot offs, each one with different shooters. Lots of tight competition.
20230319_132405.jpg
20230319_132313.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Double Tap Indoor Range,, 704 -8th Ave, Altoona, Pa. 16602 Most days between 11am and 2 am or 3 several of us are there shooting. Come and enjoy the fun. Look at the website or at the Facebook page. Please not I have corrected the date for the April match above, the 17th. Starting in May thru the end of the year all matches will be the third Sunday of the month.

Last edited:
Just curious are you scoring a hit if the bullet hole touches the animal?
Just like real silhouettes, a hit anywhere is a hit. We have discussed that after 40 becomes a normal winning score we might go to 5 point per animal totally inside and 4 point for a hit that leaks out. It looks easy but no one has done it at a match yet. If you shoot a .22 Springer your target is reduced another 13%. Some practice on that but still no 40s at a match. This is the 50 ft target we reduced 10 percent, then 10 percent the second time. Plus an additional 13 percent for 22s. No one has shot a 22 yet but I just bought a Diana54 in 22, I will probably shoot it next month, I have only shot it 3 times. Still trying to figure it out,lol.