Tuning RESOLVED Issue with new LCS SK19 loading lever. How to release pressure.

I'm on eternal hold with AoA now, not sure when I will get a call back. In the meantime maybe someone here can help.

I received my new LCS SK19 late lat evening, and was ready to load and test for the first time.

After reading all I had on hand, I got my JSB's out and flipped the lever to load the magazine. However, apparently in my zeal, I flipped the lever up too far. It does not want to come back down with a lot of force. In it's current position, I can not spin the magazine.

All that I have found thus far regarding the magazine lever is this;

https://youtu.be/kCcDnGVoJ9I?t=278

Apparently if the pressure is too low, it may flip up to the top. (At least I know I did not break it the first time I touched it) Well, in my case I'm at 225 BAR as shipped, plenty for shooting, but is that why I can't get it to go back down? Will i need to bleed off pressure to get this lever back where it should be?

Does anyone know the proper way to fix this? This is only my second bottle gun, and I've not ever had a reason to drain off pressure. If that's the solution could someone walk me through this? Thanks in advance.

Feeling a little silly breaking this thing the first time I touch it. :(

Well, never got through to AoA,. it's likely now past their closing time. This is really tedious. I can't find any info anywhere on relieving pressure other than disconnecting the bottle and shooting, but I don't want to risk shooting it with the lever in the wrong place and breaking something. Lost the entire day just flipping one lever. :( 

Kind of amazing considering it's the first thing one has to do to load and use this rifle, is running the risk of putting it right out of commission. It's like a self destruct button being the same as the ignition switch.

Hello had the same problem. Unscrew the bottle from the gun and the use the bleed screw to degassing the gun. The lever should drop, now then just screw in the bottle. That should fix the problem, BUT I would speak to an AOA tech rep as you do it, thats what I did. That way if there is a problem they can guide you thru any issues. I hope this helps, I had the same problem about 2 mounts ago when the gun started to slip and in catching it I over extended the lever. Eric

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
Well, never got through to AoA,. it's likely now past their closing time. This is really tedious. I can't find any info anywhere on relieving pressure other than disconnecting the bottle and shooting, but I don't want to risk shooting it with the lever in the wrong place and breaking something. Lost the entire day just flipping one lever. :( 

Kind of amazing considering it's the first thing one has to do to load and use this rifle, is running the risk of putting it right out of commission. It's like a self destruct button being the same as the ignition switch.

I had alot of issues with my SK-19. Sent it back to AOA several times. Once to many. :(

Mostly leaking air issues and then AOA puts red lock tight on the can attached to the barrel. That was very frustrating. I was told they did this because customers were messing with the barrel? I don't see how this in anyway stops you from loosing the barrel and unthreading it??? You would just pull the can out with the barrel. LOL

Long story short... I sent it back for a full refund. I would never own an LCS again. It's has a long way to go for a 2k gun.

Success!

Took a few shot to dial the scope in (MTX 5-30)

I don't hate the trigger at all. I've read a bit, and maybe I don't have much on the high end to compare it to,. also I've read that this latest upgraded batch is improved, so that may be part of it. For me, it became predictable very quickly. It feels a bit better than the SAM to me. On my set of targets it's very clear when I get the trigger down, and the .25 holes are are all centered in little dots from there on. It definitely arrived dialed in for the King Heavies from AoA,. I won't need to touch a thing for a while.

I did try full auto, and the trigger does change quite a bit at that point as others have described. Less travel, more of a crisp wall,. and one can very easily squeeze off a single shot that way. In fact I did that three time before actually holding long enough for a burst. Fun, but not really what I got it for. It was insane watching the first three rounds go into a nickle in full auto though! Then it went up and another 4 rounds into another nickle sized hole about 1.5" higher on the target. I'd imagine with more practice and control one could really drill it all into one coin sized ragged hole.

My two gripes are;

- The stock handle is not deep enough for me, leaving my palm too close the the trigger for a strange pull. I understand these new models are AR compatible for the grip, so I may be very quickly in the market for an improvement there.

- I am used to furniture that makes a good cheek weld easier to come by. I am sure I will get used to it,. but right now every time I shoulder it, I am lost trying to re-find the sight picture in the scope. I may find or make some sort of attachment to help with this. One of the fancy adjustable butt-pads may help as well.

Other than that, no complaints, so far really loving this beast!

Thanks again Eric, I'd still be waiting on AoA without your help.