• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reset target

I have needed a few more targets to practice FT. I have kept an eye out at AOA but they can't get them in stock, and was told they probably won't be available for some time do to steel prices going sky high. I think I have all of the steel plinker targets they offered. They make a great product at a good price! I would like some more and maybe some different animals. I have a bunch of scrap laying around and thought I would make on yesterday. I am pretty slow at fabricating anymore and new metal would make everything faster, no rust clean up. Here is my finished product. I have about 2 bucks in it for bolts I didn't have. I think it turned out ok. I wish I could paint nice like the plinker with that come with a template. Anyway It works good. I think I will make about 5 more. I will look at images on the net I hope I pick some good images to copy. Oh I copied a base from one of the inexpensive field targets. I like clamping to a block better than driving a stake in the ground.

B5FE2DF2-A2D8-41E0-9FBC-7A06BDD17D53_1_105_c.1633365775.jpeg
ED9B84A9-9159-4282-8FF8-4575CB4AC38A_1_105_c.1633365775.jpeg

Nice job on the Steel Plinkers copy. I would suggest to make better use of the resetting pellet, that you make the reset paddle smaller for a challenge. You just shot down the rabbit KZ and that would add another target basically resetting the bunny. I use to use the self resets but I would stand up to practice off hand to reset the targets... Again good job on the target.

Reactions: d3vnull
Nice! Good clean fun. We used the short half blocks to clamp targets to at the Invicta Club in TN. You could leave the block (some public wondering about during the week) and easily pull the targets. Move the block any 3 to 50 yards for the next match.
A very basic paint job on the rabbit wouldn't offend me. Though your work does look very nice.

John