Other Research on Haenel air pistols

The last couple of years I have been researching serial numbers, mainly on Haenel pistols (26, Air Pistol, 28, 28R, Super, Luft-Pistole and variations) and bottom grip markings on the Model 50, 51 & 100. I have recently expanded my serial number log to include Tell 3s, Pope, Eureka, Ranco & Targ-Aire air pistols. I would be interested in hearing about the serial numbers of any of these pistols you might have along with the caliber and/or any accessories. Any information you would be willing to provide is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bruce Jr.

Last edited:
Bruce Jr.

I only have the one Haenel Model 100, but it is a blued one rather than the more common chrome version. I am happy to share picture of the Bottom of the grip. If there is other markings I missed, pls inform me.

Kindest Regards,
Randy

haenel 100 bottom.jpg

Attachments

• Haenel 100 bottom clr.jpg
    Haenel 100 bottom clr.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks for the picture of the markings Randy. Somewhat hard to make out. Is it II 12.35 or II 2.35.

I have yet to figure out the significance of the Roman Numeral (either I or II). The other markings are for the month/year of production. Based on these markings, production of the Haenel Model 100 is from October 1932 to June 1939. These dates are based on the examination of approximately 120 Haenel Model 100s.

Should you acquire any other Haenel air pistols please keep me in mind so that I can update my records accordingly.

Again my thanks,
Bruce Jr.

Thanks for the picture of the markings Randy. Somewhat hard to make out. Is it II 12.35 or II 2.35.

I have yet to figure out the significance of the Roman Numeral (either I or II). The other markings are for the month/year of production. Based on these markings, production of the Haenel Model 100 is from October 1932 to June 1939. These dates are based on the examination of approximately 120 Haenel Model 100s.

Should you acquire any other Haenel air pistols please keep me in mind so that I can update my records accordingly.

Again my thanks,
Bruce Jr.
Here is another Haenel 100 I just bought it is blued

date.jpg

Bruce Jr.,

I am so slow on the airgun hobby stuff because the wife is inpatient at rehab from car accident. She ok but I spend all day there (retired)

Thank you asking about what I collect. Hy-scores mainly I only need a model 805, Healthways recently, I only need a model 9405, any concentric air pistol is on my wish list. Abas Magor is high on the British air pistol list, need a Warrior box, of course I have so many I could not list them as I see other folks do (Not bragging just an old guy).

What your main collecting theme yourself? Take Care

Kindest Regards,

Randy