• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Resealing Maruarder 25

The fill port is at the other end of the rifle. I opened the bolt and the noise got louder, closed the bolt and it all but stopped. The sound anyway. It still continued to leak down to nothing. Appreciate the link. I did check youtube before and got a craploud of videos by people who obviously had more time than knowledge on the subject. One video did seem to have what I was looking for, but I could barely hear the guy. Again, thanks.

Worm, 

The problem is probably the poppet inside the valve body. They generally do not wear, sometimes a little fly spec of dirt will get in there, and hold it open.

Another thing to check, that a lot of people overlook.... if you were adjusting hammer stroke in, and you increased the hammer spring tension too much, it could hold the valve open at rest. An easy way to tell, is this:

Charge the gun to 3000 PSI. As you said, you can hear hissing. Cock the bolt completely back. If it still hisses, it's a valve problem. If it stops, you have too much preload on the hammer spring.

On my Field Target Tech Channel, I disassemble a Marauder, and another episode I put it back together. It's a .177, but the mechanics are all the same.

Hope this helps,

Tom Holland 

Buy this tool. It will save you orings and make your job a lot easier.

http://www.archerairguns.com/Gauge-Port-Filler-Tool-for-Benjamin-Marauder-p/mrodfillertool.htm

1534140523_10230057475b71206bc25233.36501823_CE1A4985-E31C-4C74-B8CB-573987384214.png

I was able to find a video and get the rifle taken apart. Not that difficult and things started coming back to me from previously having worked on them. The valve itself looked good, but I gave it a proper cleaning and new O-ring. Same for the gauge block, cleaned and new O-rings. The previous owner used a pump to fill the rifle and moisture was the culprit. There was corrosion in the air tube which I scrubbed out and got shining again like the bore of a new shotgun. Cleaned it out with denatured alcohol and lubed the threads and O-rings with silicone grease. Everything whet back together fine and I am happy to report it is holding air fine. Shot a magazine through it after I reattached the scope to rezero it and then filled back to 2900 psi. Going to let it set over night and check it in the morning. Hoping to borrow my buddies chrono in the morning so I can see what this rifle will do. Doesn't seem to be an air hog and hits with authority. Appreciate the help. Mike

I was able to find a video and get the rifle taken apart. Not that difficult and things started coming back to me from previously having worked on them. The valve itself looked good, but I gave it a proper cleaning and new O-ring. Same for the gauge block, cleaned and new O-rings. The previous owner used a pump to fill the rifle and moisture was the culprit. There was corrosion in the air tube which I scrubbed out and got shining again like the bore of a new shotgun. Cleaned it out with denatured alcohol and lubed the threads and O-rings with silicone grease. Everything whet back together fine and I am happy to report it is holding air fine. Shot a magazine through it after I reattached the scope to rezero it and then filled back to 2900 psi. Going to let it set over night and check it in the morning. Hoping to borrow my buddies chrono in the morning so I can see what this rifle will do. Doesn't seem to be an air hog and hits with authority. Appreciate the help. Mike

Niiiice. Well done.

JMan, I have seen this tool posted on treads in the past. That link you posted up is no good. I would like to get this tool. Where else can I source this tool? Tried eBay, and nada. That’s as far as I got. Nothing pops up with Archer at all.

I just tried link and it worked fine. 15.99 for this tool.