REQUESTING HELP ::: Sourcing Evanix Replacement Parts ::: Trigger Guard @ GTL480

My Evanix GTL480 got damaged in shipping - the trigger guard broke - and I can't seem to find anyone online that has replacement parts.

( I've attached a picture, below, of the damaged component )

1598320106_19857408655f446dea490009.28007326.JPG

So far - I've tried Will Piatt (Sadly - he doesn't work on Evanix E-Guns anymore, and doesn't have any spare parts) / Evanix's Customer Support (I heard back from em just now (10:22 pm @ 08/24). in a nutshell - they said they'll check their spare-parts bin and get back to me but they have not replied to any of my FB messages/emails ... So - I ain't holding my breath) / Google Search Results.

I also plan to reach out to Travis at Jefferson State Airguns and PyramidAir Tech Support tomorrow.

For those Evanix Airgun owners/tinkerers - Is there anyone else that may be able to help me source the part?

( On that note - is a trigger-guard replacement something a Rookie DIY'er / Tinkerer can perform - or would I need to send it off to a gunsmith to perform )

I also heard someone mention custom fabricating/milling a replacement-part ... Not sure how that works and/or how much something like would cost.

Please let me know your Thoughts/Inputs ... Thanks in advance for all your help !!! =]

Cheers,

Sharath

I just (finally) heard back Evanix's Facebook Support team a few mins ago. They said they'd check their Spare-Parts-Bin and get back to me ... Hopefully, they have one that's reasonably priced and All's well that Ends well ... 

But - just in case that doesn't pan out - any recommendations for a Plan B @Yo ?

Cheers,

Sharath

If it's plastic then EPOXY and if it's metal JB Weld. 

Hopefully you get compensated by the seller and shipper since its not your fault.

Before gluing or JB Welding it You could bring that part to a machinist have him make you an exact copy buy that's probably going to be expensive. Try a local small mom and pops with elderly owner operators may get it cheaper.

If its plastic go make friends with a 3d printer guy with a parts scanner.

I heard that Pyramydair gave all of the Evanix parts to Will Piatt. If Will doesn't work on Evanix guns anymore did he give the spare parts to someone?

I tried emailing PA - No response.

I tried calling PA - Opted to get a callback - but never did.

I did manage to connect with one of their chat representatives - But, he said they don't carry Evanix spare parts (atleast not the specific make/model that are compatible with mine - Max-ML / Speed / GTL480) anymore

The search continues ... 😅

Hopefully you get compensated by the seller and shipper since its not your fault.

Before gluing or JB Welding it You could bring that part to a machinist have him make you an exact copy buy that's probably going to be expensive. Try a local small mom and pops with elderly owner operators may get it cheaper.

And No - the Seller has completely refused to take any responsibility/ownership for the SNAFU. According to him "

" It IS NOT my problem because it left my house without any problems! " 

Also according to him - it was insured ... But, given that it was shipped via USPS - and that it is a No Longer in Production AG - he doubt he'll be able to get ANYTHING from them.

And even if he does get something - it'll probably take forever!

Unfortunately, since he was the one that shipped it - and therefore has all the paperwork/receipts/etc needed to file the claim - I'm basically at the sellers mercy w.r.t if/when he files the claim and/or provides me with the outcome of the same.

Oh well ... I guess this is part of how/what can happen when you buy/sell used stuff off the classifieds !! 🙀

It is what it is ... 🙈 🙉 🙊

The sellers response (copy-pasted verbatim from my text messages) - when I asked him if he'd be open to issuing a partial refund - to compensate for the fact that the item was broken/damaged on arrival :

I'm doing what I can But won't be taking any more losses then I have.

The sellers response (copy-pasted verbatim from my text messages) - when I asked if I can send it back for a refund :

To many variables

I never want anything back once someone else has touched it.

Especially with regards to animals, electronics, cars, guns....

Just to many variables.

Not even for half price even

The sellers response (copy-pasted verbatim from my text messages) - when I told him that I'd prefer to to work out a solution with him, and not have to dispute the Transaction with my Bank/credit-card company:

Yeah 4 sure because that's a roll of the dice without an unboxing video...

And they'd want you to pay for shipping to send it back.

I've got receipts showing I sent and you received what you paid 4.

Then it will be credited to you while it's argued...

If I win the argument they'll just take back their credit and you'll pay for and own a gun now back in my possession...

Believe me I know... I've been on winning and losing sides of poop like this many times..

Like I said before ... It is what it is !! 😇

Not sure how much money you want to dump into your new to you gun. 
From the photos. Looks to me if you found someone to machine you one out of aluminum or even 3D print one. It would probably be stronger than the original. 
From what I can see that is a basic/simple shaped part. But I can’t see the whole trigger guard assy. 

That sucks. But good luck. Definitely try the epoxy to get you by while you do your research on who and how to resolve the issue