This is a big part of your problem here...as others have said, you can't assume that others know that they're supposed to leave feedback or even know how. There's nothing wrong with asking once the transaction has been completed to both parties' satisfaction. It never hurts to send a reminder because sometimes even if people intend to leave feedback, they get busy and forget. The other thing to keep in mind is that, if you haven't noticed, the airgunning crowd tends to be on the "more experienced" side of life and are sometimes not computer-friendly and may need to be shown how to do it.

Bottom line is, it shouldn't be below you to ask for the exchange of feedback. I can realistically say that about 1/2 of my feedback here wouldn't have happened if I didn't ask or send a reminder to the other party to do it.

EDIT: @thumper - lol same message at the same time

Yen great comment and spot on. I'm an older guy, I'm a dentist have computers all over my clinic but spent 30 minutes the other night trying to figure out how to leave a feedback to Yen. Well just as I was about to send...wifi problems. I've bought many things here, mostly no feedback . I figure seller just too busy with life. It's all good. Over the years many of these same sellers have become friends. No swet the small things, continue to do what you think is right. Oh and for Yen, I'll ask my grand daughter who's 6 years old to send you a positive feedback...stay happy

• Love
Reactions: yenniedn
to many Nancys and Karens ,,," give me my feedback" demanding little children
feedback is not "obligatory"
when I buy I say thank you,, when I sell I say thank you, ,,, But I get sick and tired of every person and business demanding their feedback.
Feedback is nice,,, but those who expect it or ask for it as if it is part of the DEAL,,,, bug off

Good Reputation is earned,,, and FREELY given by others,,, if you have to ask for it, you already have a reputation,

Reactions: markT
when I buy I say thank you,, when I sell I say thank you, ,,, But I get sick and tired of every person and business demanding their feedback.
Feedback is nice,,, but those who expect it or ask for it as if it is part of the DEAL,,,, bug off

Good Reputation is earned,,, and FREELY given by others,,, if you have to ask for it, you already have a reputation,
And a Merry Christmas to you too! :geek:

Agree. I sell on another forum... I have one item for sale here. I work with the individual. IF someone asks, I will not provide any feedback. I will leave feedback IF the seller is excellent in communication, packaging and the product is what it says it is..
How accurate is feedback anyway?

Agree. I sell on another forum... I have one item for sale here. I work with the individual. IF someone asks, I will not provide any feedback. I will leave feedback IF the seller is excellent in communication, packaging and the product is what it says it is..
How accurate is feedback anyway?
I must say that I don’t agree with the positions expressed by jarmstrong and markT. We participate in a forum where a significant part of one’s reputation (if you are a seller) is based on the feedback system. Not all of it and it is definitely not the only thing, but it is a significant part.

I almost always leave feedback. If I don’t its an accidental oversight. I simply feel that it’s the polite and decent thing to do.

I would like it if others left feedback for me as well and I have sometimes suggested it as a part of the ongoing conversation, as in “Pleasure doing business with you. I plan to leave Positive feedback and would appreciate your doing the same if you are satisfied.” That’s it. I leave my feedback whether or not they respond.

To be clear, it is obviously not required, but I really wonder why anyone would get their knickers in a twist over it, to the point of saying they make a point of not leaving it despite a completely satisfactory transaction.

Anyway… Merry Christmas Y’all. (And if you don’t celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays).

Chris

Reactions: yenniedn
Guilty as charged. I buy things on here but because I'm handicapped it can take me weeks for my friend to help me unpack and test the airgun. So, my feedback is often slow on getting back to the seller.

I currently have 4 items, 3 being rifles, I owe feedback on. It will get done, but it is on my time, and then I will PM the seller and let them know I did leave feedback.

On the flip side I don't buy anything I can't afford to lose. If it isn't as advertised I just move on and don't make a stink.

I have several times, perhaps many times, sent someone a small part, magazine, fill probe or o-rings, on my dime. I’ve done this because it is my natural position to try to help. I have mostly gotten zero feedback, and many times not even received confirmation that the item was received. I know that people are busy, and caught up, and perhaps expecting a thank you is self serving, but I’m not so quick to reach out with help anymore.