On the internet all you have is your reputation which is made by the way you conduct yourself. I am referencing selling here. It pisses me off that I do all that I can to be honest and fast in my sales. I even get " I am happy with the purchese", yet no "plus" point. If someone buys from me they get a "+". All the buyer has to do is pay which entitles them to a "+". When I complete my part I should get a "+". So very many times I have sold on here and got zero. I have never had to refund or explain any problems. All my dealings have been satisfactory or at least there were no complaints. In todays world that means that everyone was happy. Leave positive feedback when warranted.

@Jeffs55 I get what you’re saying, it sucks when members buy from you and don’t leave feedback. But it seems that despite buyers having positive experiences and not leaving feedback for you, you’re still able to sell items. It seems like there’s some sort of silver lining in that fact.

Last edited:
Ezana is correct. Besides, for me... while I do look at feedback scores, I base my opinion more on what I see written day to day on the forum and get to know 'names' of people. While disappointing when folks dont leave feedback, I dont pay it much attention these days. Still I can see the annoyance to someone not as well established within the community.

I send a pm to people I'm not familiar with saying...
"Tracking shows your item delivered. I have left positive feedback for you so if you're happy with your purchase please do the same for me when you have time" and I leave a link to my feedback https://www.airgunnation.com/feedback/14933/add-feedback

Last edited:
If someone asks, I will leave feedback. If I happen to remember, I will leave feedback. If you insist on feedback, it should be part of the initial purchase agreement.

Most of my sales and purchases have not resulted in any feedback. I've never had issues selling anything on the classifieds here. As such, I see no need to impose my wishes on another persons free will. Now, leaving me false negative feedback would be another story.

On the internet all you have is your reputation which is made by the way you conduct yourself. I am referencing selling here. It pisses me off that I do all that I can to be honest and fast in my sales. I even get " I am happy with the purchese", yet no "plus" point. If someone buys from me, they get a "+". All the buyer has to do is pay which entitles them to a "+". When I complete my part, I should get a "+". So very many times I have sold on here and got zero. I have never had to refund or explain any problems. All my dealings have been satisfactory or at least there were no complaints. In todays world that means that everyone was happy. Leave positive feedback when warranted.
I haven't sold anything online; I have purchased online from major retailer's BUT I'm Leary (or ignorant?) of buying from the forum or online in general. I would think, If the sale was issue free and you haven't had any problems with getting the price that you asked for, collecting funds, or shipping, I would think that IS the positive part of the transaction for you and the buyer and what you're supposed to do right? I would continue to be the upstanding person that you are, and that will hold more value than a + rating from someone. Doing the right thing or being decent, doesn't always get the recognition that being an asshat does. You make the buying part on here less concerning and trouble free! you sir, have made me reconsider. Hell, what else do you have for sale? I would buy it from you! LOL!! That's BIG praise from me, I promise you.

Reputation are a HUGE thing for me, so much so i am extremely reluctant to engage in things where other things might influence it.
I have however only bought used cars, last time i sold something was in the early 90ties, and i will never do that again.

If it come to it i will rather just give things away, in that case i think my reputation will remain safe.

I am a newer member and need to be shown where to leave feedback. Didn't know it was a thing. I have bought two things from the classifieds here recently.
Click on the person's user name under their avatar to go to their profile and you'll see ADD FEEDBACK. The rest is self explanatory.

I never ask for feedback. It should go without saying and if I don't get it, oh well. Right now on eBarf, I have bought several things and got no feedback. The seller is waiting on me to "go first". I fulfilled my part when I paid them. They should have gone first like I do. I won't get positive feedback and neither will they.
This is a big part of your problem here...as others have said, you can't assume that others know that they're supposed to leave feedback or even know how. There's nothing wrong with asking once the transaction has been completed to both parties' satisfaction. It never hurts to send a reminder because sometimes even if people intend to leave feedback, they get busy and forget. The other thing to keep in mind is that, if you haven't noticed, the airgunning crowd tends to be on the "more experienced" side of life and are sometimes not computer-friendly and may need to be shown how to do it.

Bottom line is, it shouldn't be below you to ask for the exchange of feedback. I can realistically say that about 1/2 of my feedback here wouldn't have happened if I didn't ask or send a reminder to the other party to do it.

EDIT: @thumper - lol same message at the same time

Last edited:
I never ask for feedback. It should go without saying and if I don't get it, oh well. Right now on eBarf, I have bought several things and got no feedback. The seller is waiting on me to "go first". I fulfilled my part when I paid them. They should have gone first like I do. I won't get positive feedback and neither will they.
I will ask for feedback. Some people, just do not think about the act of leaving feedback. They are not being intentionally rude, they just get through a transaction and move on with no further thought.
I look at it like wanting a raise at work. If you ask for one you will raise your chances of getting one by quite a margin.
If I ask someone for feedback and they don’t post any, I am not losing sleep over it. There are issues on my plate every day that are far more important.