Repurposed my FX Panthera Rail

The factory rail was terrible on the Panthera .. borderline criminal given the interference issue that shifted my POI as much as 0.8MILs at 50y when my bipod was mounted on the far end of my 700mm 22cal.

The original Leshiy is still my favorite PCP of all, but I liked the minimalistic Weaver rail on it. I pest starlings and critters with it daily shooting offhand, but it's always been way too light up front to be able to hold on target through the long trigger pull. I run a 3MOA red dot on it with a 3x magnifier, but I also tend to use my PVS-14 in place of the magnifier at night, and I've needed a better solution for extra rail space to run my Luna ELIR-3 and thermal monocular. I actually prefer these over the NOX18 thermal, because it gives me both thermal spotting and identification with the i2 analog NV using my L3 PVS-14 (that way I don't shoot my kitty cat in the backyard at night).

I modified and fabricated a few different hand rails for it, but wasn't thrilled with any of them. Realized the Panthera rail fits flush with the Leshiy and the top bridge fits perfectly around my shroud extension. Had to mill a little bit of material off of the Magpul AFG, and I also milled an aluminum Pic rail down so that slides into the AFG and slots into the bottom of the rail's M-LOK slot.

The rail stays in place nice and sturdy on its own (like a press fit), but I also used (2) set screws on the canted sides of the bridge to pin it down. Threw on some lightweight MOE rails and another light aluminum Pic railnthat I had with rounded corners for the front-left rail, which gives me just enough clearance to fold the stock flush.

IMG_20240421_181142_293.jpg
IMG_20240421_180900_578.jpg
IMG_20240421_181055_326.jpg
IMG_20240421_181400_025.jpg

Very happy with it. It's a hell of a lot more solid now than it was on the Panthera. The forward weight makes it sooooo much easier to control my shots (CG is right at the trigger).

The factory rail was terrible on the Panthera .. borderline criminal given the interference issue that shifted my POI as much as 0.8MILs at 50y when my bipod was mounted on the far end of my 700mm 22cal.

The original Leshiy is still my favorite PCP of all, but I liked the minimalistic Weaver rail on it. I pest starlings and critters with it daily shooting offhand, but it's always been way too light up front to be able to hold on target through the long trigger pull. I run a 3MOA red dot on it with a 3x magnifier, but I also tend to use my PVS-14 in place of the magnifier at night, and I've needed a better solution for extra rail space to run my Luna ELIR-3 and thermal monocular. I actually prefer these over the NOX18 thermal, because it gives me both thermal spotting and identification with the i2 analog NV using my L3 PVS-14 (that way I don't shoot my kitty cat in the backyard at night).

I modified and fabricated a few different hand rails for it, but wasn't thrilled with any of them. Realized the Panthera rail fits flush with the Leshiy and the top bridge fits perfectly around my shroud extension. Had to mill a little bit of material off of the Magpul AFG, and I also milled an aluminum Pic rail down so that slides into the AFG and slots into the bottom of the rail's M-LOK slot.

The rail stays in place nice and sturdy on its own (like a press fit), but I also used (2) set screws on the canted sides of the bridge to pin it down. Threw on some lightweight MOE rails and another light aluminum Pic railnthat I had with rounded corners for the front-left rail, which gives me just enough clearance to fold the stock flush.

View attachment 457957View attachment 457958View attachment 457959View attachment 457960

Very happy with it. It's a hell of a lot more solid now than it was on the Panthera. The forward weight makes it sooooo much easier to control my shots (CG is right at the trigger).
Damn that's one hell of a setup!

Reactions: mtnGhost