REPR Edgun leshiy 2 reg

For all you doubters ,These guns are very easy to repair and there are lots of videos to help diagnose a problem. First generation guns had some parts and springs that have been improved some where along the line. My Leshiy 2 stopped cycling last week and I just got a repair kit from Brian with springs, plunger and valve bead. The one spring and bead look different to me so we will see how long they last. Took me all but 10 minutes to replace everything and it’s back up and cycling again. It only makes sense to me that increasing reg pressure is bound to put extra stress on some parts in any air gun be it o rings springs or moving parts and in the case of the Leshiy 2 even having the reg too low has the chance to blow an o ring. You just accept it and replace the parts and move on. It’s like owning a classic British sports car. If you can’t or aren’t willing to learn to diagnose a problem and fix it yourself you will constantly worry about it breaking down and having to take it to a shop. It’s part of the experience of ownership and should be enjoyable. If you are the type that worry’s about break downs and doesn’t want to take things apart then maybe Airguns and British sports cars isn’t the best hobby for you. And yes I do have a classic British sports car. 

There is definitely something wrong, 3 times the reg o-ring failed on my brand new REPR butt stock

Came with pressure at about 100 bar as should be, installed a pressure gauge and adjusted the reg down to 60, shooting the pressure down every quarter turn, then set the reg to 90 to test some JSB heavy's, then while shooting the reg dumped all the air

L2 REPR fail 1.1642348257.JPG

Changed the 5 x 1.5mm o-ring, filled the tank to 250 bar and adjusted the reg to 90 bar and put it in the safe, fund it had leaked all the air over night

L2 REPR fail 2.1642348307.JPG

Changed the o-ring again yesterday, filled it op to 250 bar, sat the reg at 90 again and left it in the safe overnight, fund it with the same 250 bar this morning, then dumped all the air out of the reg as soon as I touched the trigger, so definitely this time the o-ring failed while the reg piston moved to reset the pressure

L2 REPR fail 3.1642348367.JPG

Could it be the reg stem is moving too far out, variation in the shim thickness? - would someone please do a measurement of total disc stack?, I get 9.5mm spot on

L2 REPR spring disc stack 9.5mm.1642349278.JPG

There is definitely something wrong, 3 times the reg o-ring failed on my brand new REPR butt stock

Came with pressure at about 100 bar as should be, installed a pressure gauge and adjusted the reg down to 60, shooting the pressure down every quarter turn, then set the reg to 90 to test some JSB heavy's, then while shooting the reg dumped all the air

L2 REPR fail 1.1642348257.JPG

Changed the 5 x 1.5mm o-ring, filled the tank to 250 bar and adjusted the reg to 90 bar and put it in the safe, fund it had leaked all the air over night

Changed the o-ring again yesterday, filled it op to 250 bar, sat the reg at 90 again and left it in the safe overnight, fund it with the same 250 bar this morning, then dumped all the air out of the reg as soon as I touched the trigger, so definitely this time the o-ring failed while the reg piston moved to reset the pressure

Could it be the reg stem is moving too far out, variation in the shim thickness? - would someone please do a measurement of total disc stack?, I get 9.5mm spot on

Please watch Brian’s video, and pay attention to detail.

1. Lubricate the O-Ring with Silicon Grease. (Only one 5x1.5 O-Ring is attached to the stem)

2. Lubricate the Disc Springs with Silicon Grease. 

9A6F7619-5842-4978-8D16-360741924CDE.1642356490.jpeg

3. Fill the Butt until the gauge on the EAR stops rising (Do not fully gas the butt (i.e. 250bar)).

4. Slowly adjust the EAR, no more than a 1/4 turn at a time, towards desired pressure setting.

5. Fire or simulate a few shots. Repeat step 4.

6. Allow a second or two for the EAR attached Gauge to settle.

7. Repeat steps 3-6, until desired pressure is reached on the EAR attached gauge. 

https://youtu.be/qn_AU3-Evj0

https://youtu.be/BGOLqyYGj9I

I'm 90% committed to buying a Leshiy 2 as my first PCP, trying to do my due diligence.....this thread was a rollercoaster for a potential buyer, haha

FWIW, I've got the original, less fancy reg. I had one early issue that was very easy to adjust correctly (not having to do with the reg) and since then it's been rock solid. Mostly used in the woods but a couple long range sessions as well. Gun is built like a brick.

I'm 90% committed to buying a Leshiy 2 as my first PCP, trying to do my due diligence.....this thread was a rollercoaster for a potential buyer, haha

All I can say is that I upgraded two Leshiy 2's to REPR regs. The first REPR reg I was expecting that the air would self bleed when you lowered pressure and ended up unscrewing the reg too far. Luckily I didn't unscrew it as far as others and the ball was still seated. The second REPR reg I got in I knew about having to shoot down the bleed off of the reg and it's been rock solid.

Lot's of people with lots of experiences. Not saying that some weren't legit issues, but in reality most were user induced via not RTFM.

...Was not right out of the box but working great now....

Glem, how is the Reg recovery time (2x or x4 shots in fast sequence) now with these new REPR?

Back in time (Sep or Oct maybe) when we got the L2's to Canada with "old style" Regs, some folks in US were already getting it with externally adjustable Regs. The big wakening was that those Regs were falling behind "our" Regs in recovery time. I have even measured my L2 speed/pressure with a digital gauge a burst 4x shots dropped the pressure from 130 bars to 90 bar not effecting the POI vs the REPR (first Sep-Oct version).

I saw that these REPR arrived to AGS, but heavy winter at my place (sub minus 20C and over 25cm snow in my backyard) I am not going to freeze my bottom @ my club probably not until this white poop melts :) so holding the purchase up to last moment.

i only have experience with the REPR reg, but one of mine refreshed immediately, the other had an audible 1/2 second or so refill after each shot. i opened the slow one up, and there was a crazy amount of white grease inside. performs like the other one now. i would double check the amount of white grease used in assembly if your REPR is refreshing slowly.

Mine in particular went straight to bottle pressure, then while watching the video and bleeding air after every quarter turn eventually dumped all air. Was not right out of the box but working great now. Not a RTFM issue for me.

Glem - def wasn't pointing a finger at you. Apologies if it came across that way. Just saying the majority of issues are user induced.

i only have experience with the REPR reg, but one of mine refreshed immediately, the other had an audible 1/2 second or so refill after each shot....

Easy to check especially if you have a digital gauge and the radar handy.

As much you can precisely - with 1 (one) second interval empty the mag but monitoring the gauge, the FX radar is giving you the shot velocities (your own jets configuration).

Can you post these numbers pls?

i only have experience with the REPR reg, but one of mine refreshed immediately, the other had an audible 1/2 second or so refill after each shot....

Easy to check especially if you have a digital gauge and the radar handy.

As much you can precisely - with 1 (one) second interval empty the mag but monitoring the gauge, the FX radar is giving you the shot velocities (your own jets configuration).

Can you post these numbers pls?

i sold my fx radar and moved back to one fo the paintball chronographs that take a couple seconds to refresh. will try this when i upgrade to a basic caldwell chrono or something soon (needed for big bores on the way!)

Mine in particular went straight to bottle pressure, then while watching the video and bleeding air after every quarter turn eventually dumped all air. Was not right out of the box but working great now. Not a RTFM issue for me.

Glem - def wasn't pointing a finger at you. Apologies if it came across that way. Just saying the majority of issues are user induced.

All good brother just clarifying, I didn't think you were meaning me. 

Glem, how is the Reg recovery time (2x or x4 shots in fast sequence) now with these new REPR?

Back in time (Sep or Oct maybe) when we got the L2's to Canada with "old style" Regs, some folks in US were already getting it with externally adjustable Regs. The big wakening was that those Regs were falling behind "our" Regs in recovery time. I have even measured my L2 speed/pressure with a digital gauge a burst 4x shots dropped the pressure from 130 bars to 90 bar not effecting the POI vs the REPR (first Sep-Oct version).

I saw that these REPR arrived to AGS, but heavy winter at my place (sub minus 20C and over 25cm snow in my backyard) I am not going to freeze my bottom @ my club probably not until this white poop melts :) so holding the purchase up to last moment.

I heard that too but pleasantly surprised. Here's 4 shots pretty quick I'd say that's as good as it gets. Haven't tried setting it much higher than 120, that's all I need. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/ORkD-NnXO0o?feature=share

Hasn't crept or leaked yet even with the wrong sized oring in there (all I had on hand) 5.5x1.5

I heard that too but pleasantly surprised. Here's 4 shots pretty quick I'd say that's as good as it gets. Haven't tried setting it much higher than 120, that's all I need. 

Hasn't crept or leaked yet even with the wrong sized oring in there (all I had on hand) 5.5x1.5

What ammo are you using and what velocity are you getting at that pressure?

What ammo are you using and what velocity are you getting at that pressure?

...Here's 4 shots pretty quick I'd say that's as good as it gets. ...

Nice quick recovery, when did you got it? looks like Edgun fix it for you :)

When they first got to Canada. Beginning of this thread I guess. 

That's 725fps with a 46gr NOE pellet in .30 with a 700mm fx slug A liner.

*.9 +and 1mm jets I'm pretty sure. 

Please watch Brian’s video, and pay attention to detail.

1. Lubricate the O-Ring with Silicon Grease. (Only one 5x1.5 O-Ring is attached to the stem)

2. Lubricate the Disc Springs with Silicon Grease.

3. Fill the Butt until the gauge on the EAR stops rising (Do not fully gas the butt (i.e. 250bar)).

4. Slowly adjust the EAR, no more than a 1/4 turn at a time, towards desired pressure setting.

5. Fire or simulate a few shots. Repeat step 4.

6. Allow a second or two for the EAR attached Gauge to settle.

7. Repeat steps 3-6, until desired pressure is reached on the EAR attached gauge.

Thank you much for your detailed advice but did all that - finally nailed it! - found a small piece of aluminum embedded down in the valve housing under the ceramic ball, after cleaning the tube and changing the valve body, ball and spring the reg is working perfectly, no reg creep, no o-ring blowout

will ad pictures when the temporary upload directory is fixed

Edit: pictures added

Leshiy 2, reg fail.1653577788.JPG

Leshiy 2, reg fail 1.1653577812.JPG