• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Replacing IZH 46 o-rings

Well, it didn’t take long, just two shooting sessions and the o-ring seals on the breech block are gone. Luckily I was forewarned so I have replacements. Which brings me to this post.....

Is there something to be done that will cause the o-rings to seat more securely? I have read that contact cement and or rubber cement can be used. I would like to know what other owners are using/doing to hold the o-rings in place. 

Corky

I know my 1st gen 46 ( not M ) used a specialty sealing ring that had a sharp angle cut in I.D. bore NOT being a per-say o-ring. These snap on and stay put w/o issue.

have serviced a few 46's over the years and those where the OEM seal rings were worn, damaged etc got o-rings in there place. * I secure these using VERY SPARINGLY the product known as Sho-Goo or Goop. It has really high adhesion tho remains flexible.

I also store the pistol W/O the breech fully locked down so the o-rings don't take a set.

Reactions: Tronic
Shoe Goo works! Even for PCP breech o-rings too and leaving the breech open in the IZH and breakbarel springers and pistols that get their o-rings squashed too. Leave them partially open if possible but not cocked. You can wedge a golf tee or a popsicle stick to keep the breech partially open for underlevers or side levers but not cock the gun to prevent the breech seal cone from squashing as well.

Shoe Goo works! Even for PCP breech o-rings too and leaving the breech open in the IZH and breakbarel springers and pistols that get their o-rings squashed too. Leave them partially open if possible but not cocked. You can wedge a golf tee or a popsicle stick to keep the breech partially open for underlevers or side levers but not cock the gun to prevent the breech seal cone from squashing as well.

This is excellent advice especially for the IZH-46 and IZH-46m