Replacing Barrel oring

Harbor Freight sells this set of dental picks for about $3 that are very thin and soft. You can bend the tip in a slightly offset little U shape to reach in and rotate under the oring and pull it out without damage (after some practice). You might dull the tip slightly . I use a small Allen wrench to re-insert it. Much easier out of the rifle.rifle. Alternately, you can just stab it and pull it out. Have replacements on hand in either case.
Bob

20200416_174736.jpg

Reactions: Headshots
Once you do it one time it’s not so bad. I’ve had to replace that oring in my Brocock Bantam Sniper HR a couple times. Most recently last week when I blew it out being careless. It took about 15 minutes to remove the barrel, lube the o-ring, replace it, and the barrel. I used a blunt end brass pick from a Hoppe’s pick kit to work the oring back into its groove. I don’t recommend using sharp picks to remove orings. These work quit well.

There’s an AOA video that shows how to change the barrel o-ring on a Brocock Commader that I found helpful. Let me find it to post it here.

Edit: not sure how different they are, but Daystate owns Brocock to my understanding so some of the builds between models may be similar.

Last edited:
I just replaced my first breech O-ring, on a FX cutlass barrel ( the old ST barrels )
That was a breeze as it was not very deep in the .22 hole, but the other O-ring that is in there, much deeper, well that one got to be a SOB to replace.
I am unsure why it is there after all as it seem to be seated deeper than a pellet would be, i can only assume as it is the old kind of ST barrel which is smooth bore in most of the barrel, that O-ring is there to prevent the pellet from sliding forward before it is fired.

you for sure need a set of dental picks to mess around with stuff like this, so i got this set from krale. https://www.krale.shop/eu/gun-cleaning-picks-tipton-stainless-steel/