Repeating spring pistol?

Does anyone know of any repeating air pistols that are not co2 or pcp? I have found only one wich is the hy-score 802b. I wonder why there are not more repeating spring pistols? Especially with magazine fed break barrels being all the rage these days. Why have they not shrunk down those repeating break barrel rifles into a pistol? So if your aware of any type of repeating pistols that are not co2 or pcp please share as im very interested in this idea. Here is a picture of the hy score 802b 6 shot repeating spring pistol that ive found online. Seems to have been made in nickel and blued steel .22 and .177. The repeating mechanism seems to be built into the gun itself. These are not my pictures.

Screenshot_20221109-180458_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-180432_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-180346_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-180409_Chrome.jpg

Ooph that one is in rough shape. I got one recently for a great price this is minty new still. It's actually still dieseling when I fire it.

I haven't see anything else like it in the market place. I would imagine that springer pistols are a low demand item, so a semi springer pistol would be even lower. Only reason I can think of that there isn't anything out there.

Reactions: dianap5
Ooph that one is in rough shape. I got one recently for a great price this is minty new still. It's actually still dieseling when I fire it.

I haven't see anything else like it in the market place. I would imagine that springer pistols are a low demand item, so a semi springer pistol would be even lower. Only reason I can think of that there isn't anything out there.
Curious why do you say there is low demand for a semi springer? The semi springer rifles seem to be very popular atleast I thought so. Your lucky to have a hy score 802!! Does repeating mechanism work well? As far as I know its the only pistol of its kind with repeating action.

Last edited:
When you take a look at the springer pistols for sale, there is not a very big selection. It also takes a while to sell/resell a used one. That's really the basis for my thoughts on demand. I think it's a very niche product with all the PCP pistols out there for $200 and under.

I really like the HyScore pistols. Have a few now and they all shoot great. My favorite is the .177 700. The repeating mechanism is unique in how it operates but seems to work fine. It's a manual process but you've got 6 shots on hand each time.

Reactions: dianap5
Diana,
Check out a YouTube video by Gold Touch regarding the Hy-Score 802. According to the video the "repeater" function holds six pellets, with the operator having to manually turn each time to allow a pellet to load, suspect those two raised sections help with turning. I've the same gun with the single load design. A short counterclockwise twist of the large, knurled back section opens a "trapdoor," load pellet, clockwise twist of knurled knob closes trapdoor. These two pictures illustrate trapdoor, both opened and closed. WM
IMG_20221109_201236.jpg
IMG_20221109_201210.jpg

Video of 800 and 802 side by side

I watched your video! Its a pleasure to meet you sir! I only wish in the video you would show a close up of the loading and repeating breech action. Know what I mean? That would be cool. I am so fascinated by these pistols because I think the repeater aspect should be revisited in the modern era. I cant beleive this is the only one and no one else makes anything similar.

I tried my best to make a video to show how the 802b is loaded and then a pellet moved into battery to shoot. Hope this helps explain the operation a bit.

That is completely awesome! First time I've ever witnessed the actual loading of this pistol. That was a treat thank you so much! It looks like it has a rotating internal cylinder that can be moved with the outer knurled section but with a rotating "gate" for loading through the back face? Does this sound like an accurate representation of what im seeing in the loading mechanism? I find that to be pretty genius. Do you have to use your fingers to rotate the cylinder for every round when shooting? Or does it automatically move to the next loaded pellet every time you cock it?

Thank you so much for sharing this its the only video I've seen so far actually demonstrating the loading of the repeating mechanism.

I've been having thoughts lately of trying to get a friend of mine (a digital engineer from my machinist days up at electric boat) to try to help me come up with a modern repeating pistol design. I wonder what's up on the pattents for the hi-score...hmm...I wouldn't want to directly copy it but if I was able to mix and match from a few of the repeating rifle mechanism aspects out there I bet I could come up with something. I'd love to pattent my own combination idea and then try to get funding to make a prototype or possibly see if I could sell the idea and actually try to get a new modern repeating pistol manufactured. I truly don't see why with all the repeating break barrel rifles these days that we shouldn't have a break barrel repeating pistol to go with. Its gona be 2023! Were practictically living in the future right! Anything can be done these days! I think I've found a new project to work on drawing up in my spare time...

A couple more mag fed spring pistols that come to mind (mainly because I have one of each). The Record Champion which is an interesting beast that uses stick mags and a concentric seal that slides over the barrel. And the Haenel 28R which is a very rare find and uses a seal that wraps around the magazine tube. Both can be seen in my video here