• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Repairing old Crosman 760

I'm have two old Crosman 760's for some my grandsons. Spring is almost upon them in NC, and they are the right age for this. My son is an ex-cop, so I'm quite confident in them learning safely and proper safety.

One is marked "760 Pumpmaster" serial 688529693. For it I need a front sight and almost certainly some seals (it works if you don't wait 5 minutes to pull the trigger). The barrel feels loose, so I think the previous owner might have tried fiddling around inside, or maybe it's just old and worn. Looking at https://discover.crosman.com/blog/crosman-product-dates-of-manufacture I'm guessing it was made in June 1988.

The second is marked "760 Pumpmaster Classic" serial D19M11002 or O... The D/O isn't particularly distinct. It works pretty well, actually, and seems to have all its parts. I actually don't see any reason to do anything to this one. It would have been brand-new, probably a buyer-remorse purchase, when I got it secondhand. A quick lube and a few test shots should be plenty.

So, questions:

1) Does anybody have seal sets for the 1988 version of the 760?

2) I have contacted Crosman hoping for info on getting a front sight that will fit. It looks like it was spot welded on originally, but the barrel diameter is the same as the newer one so I'm hoping a plastic new one will fit. If they cannot help, where else might I look?

Thanks guys!

Andy

Try using Alphabet org quick fix stop leak first liberally when extending the pump handle all the way and work it in. You can wrap electrical tape or several layers of heat shrink tubing on the barrel to get rid of the slop.

Worst case scenario an all in one stop leak quick fix that's typically added to engine oil and transmission.

It's not a vintage collectors gun I wouldn't dump money into them. They were likely $25 or less rifles brand new back in the 80's.

You can get new ones on clearance likely around $20 babe less at a local Wal-Mart ckearing out their BB gun stock if you shop smart and have superglue to glue the 2 halves of the receiver if it splits in half during normal use.

It's not a vintage collectors gun I wouldn't dump money into them. They were likely $25 or less rifles brand new back in the 80's.

And they're still less than $35 now on Walmart. The goal isn't these being collectible-type items. They're cheap ($10 for me), and "Grandpa made this for me."

I'll give T-Macs a call after I hear back from Crosman. Thanks for that contact info!

Andy