Repair Shops Southern California

"MAC1 in Long Beach....but he is a very busy man! I'd call and or leave a message."
I tired calling MAC1 and virtually got yelled at because they think that the 'big manufacturers' aren't worthy of their expertise and refuse to work on them.
So, if ya want an earful, give em a call!
mike
Agreed I went in to Mac1's shop and I will definitely not be going back. YMMV

I love Tim, he's a good man and one hell of a shooter. He's done lots for this sport and I feel bad for the few who've only seen the abrasive side.
I would agree with your take on Tim. He is, indeed, a good man and does not deserve to be treated poorly on one of the largest and most respected airgun forums. Tim has done a lot of work creating his own innovative modifications, and though I'm not so sure he's interested in working on modern PCP's (except, of course, when he's building examples of his own USFT air rifle), he has built up an almost cult-like following of people looking to improve the performance of their old stand-by airguns.

So give the guy a break. Everyone has a bad day on the phone once in a while and I'm sure we'd all hate to be judged based on the musings of one unhappy caller.

Tim worked on my FX Monsoon about 12, 13 years ago and he was GLAD to tune it up, now he won't work on anything except antiques and relics.

Now days I won't shoot anything but a semi, 13 years ago I didn't have a choice and bought the only one I could find. So glad times are changing for the better.

Dinosaurs go extinct. His time has long past.

Even though I was treated roughly on the phone for asking about PCP's, I'm okay with sending MAC1 other air guns. I sent them a Sheridan, which they gave the steroid package. It works great.
I harbor no ills for whoever answered the phone. I'm just saying that you may get an earful if you ask about PCP work on another manufacturers gun.
mike

Tim worked on my FX Monsoon about 12, 13 years ago and he was GLAD to tune it up, now he won't work on anything except antiques and relics.

Now days I won't shoot anything but a semi, 13 years ago I didn't have a choice and bought the only one I could find. So glad times are changing for the better.

Dinosaurs go extinct. His time has long past.
Wow. That's kinda harsh, don't you think?

I'm certain that his accomplishments in the world of airgunning pale when compared to yours. Considering the many many thousands of guns that he's put back into service over the years and the time he spent refining and manufacturing the original QB77, the LD and promoting the sport of field target, I'd think that you must be something amazing.

Personally, I'd be sort of ashamed of myself if I couldn't repair my own airguns. It seems that not everyone has the talent and patience necessary for it. Even if I didn't possess that talent, I certainly wouldn't waste my time trashing someone that actually does.

It pays to keep in mind that you need them (repair shops) more than they need you. (How many "My gun doesn't work" threads are there on this board alone?) I'm in a service industry and there are people that I refuse to deal with because they're just plain jerks. Money doesn't make up for lack of nice on a customer's part. If you're all that, then you can take care of it yourself.

Tim and I have spoken about Internet Randos in the past, and here we are...

Last edited:
Well to be fair you don't know me, but I can assure you I'm always polite, especially when I'm a guest in someone's business. Yes, I'm paying you, but I'm asking for help, and paying for a service doesn't entitle you to anything. Trust me, I know because I've worked in the service industry the majority of my adult life.

He was just short and rude me with for no reason, and this was in-person. So that's fine if you want to share your positive experiences, but your experience doesn't negate mine, I'm just speaking to what I know with my experience and I'm just sharing.

Reactions: Richieg
He was just short and rude me with for no reason, and this was in-person. So that's fine if you want to share your positive experiences, but your experience doesn't negate mine, I'm just speaking to what I know with my experience and I'm just sharing.
Actions have consequences, simple and to the point.The truth is always the truth, no matter how you feel or believe. The truth is hard to handle for many, but that doesn't make it untrue. It is what it is.

Hi all,

Just curious if there are any reliable repair shops in socal. I am working on getting a nice tune of for my Brocock Bantam Sniper and would like some recommendations.
Your thread got a bit derailed. Out of curiosity what are you trying to accomplish with the rifle? Where in SoCal are you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty911