• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rendering a Huben K1 "safe" at the range?

I'm contemplating getting a Huben K1 but I'd like to take it to my local firing range, where they would expect it to be "rendered safe" when not in use. Usually for conventional firearms this means safety on, unloaded, and chamber open.

What's the closest I could get with a Huben K1? Based on my understanding of how the gun works, the best I can do is empty the magazine and put the safety on; is there some way to obviously render the gun "safer" than that? Without being able to remove the magazine and without a bolt to hold open, what could I do?

Reactions: mh
A $10 to $40 endoscope / bore inspection camera inserted from the muzzle, displaying a live video of an empty chamber on a digital display (free to $15 old Android phone) sitting next to the gun. The inspection camera would also prevent the cylinder from rotating to the next chamber. It would have to be 22 cal or larger for the cheap solution since I don't think there are any .177 bore inspection cameras available in that price range.

You can get 5.5mm endoscopes like this for $12 on Ebay.

1683297368818.png

Last edited:
Do you mean always, or at the range?

When I first got my Huben I was careful to at least make sure I at least stored it on an empty mag slot, if not fully empty. Now that I am more familiar with how it works I keep it loaded and ready to fire all the time, on safe of course - I actually worry about it having "one in the chamber" less than I do any other gun as I am not worried about something like a poppet failure launching a pellet on its own. That said, it is still a semi-auto and deserves full respect for that reason . . . I suppose I would transport it empty though.
I mean always. I don’t leave ANY gun loaded, and certainly not one where there is a round in the (equivalent of) the chamber!

I received an e-mail from Jan Jacobsen, owner of Custom Patrs in Norway, he's developing a new part for the Huben K1, that may be just what you need. Per his e-mail:

"The cool thing about this piece is that it slips easily behind the trigger and will not allow anyone to pull it when the gun is otherwise ready to fire.

The little loop lines up with the the adjustment hole for the trigger so a little padlock can secure it even further. When you are ready to fire, you simply pop it out with your index finger.

I will be making this out of TPU, a very tough semi-soft rubber like material that is virtually indestructible that will not scratch the stock. Blue, red or fluorescent green colors are possible.

I am finalizing the design now to fit nicely to all stock versions."

It should be listed on his website soon: https://customparts.work/

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg