• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Removing warning label

On my Colt Defender, right side of the slide is a printed warning in white. Is there a way to remove it without marrring the black finish underneath?

1690800793977.png

Not without harming the surface it's printed on !

Just strip the gun, have it coated, painted in something else. All white will be gone.

If the gun is black enough, use a felt tip marker. Cover all of the white, let it sit a few seconds to partially dry, then lightly wipe it off with your fingers. Has worked well for me. But it the gun isn't black...

Mike

JC at Airgun Detectives has a very good video on how to get rid of the white lettering on steel, aluminum, and composite frames and slides, I recently purchased a Springfield 1911 A-1 Mil-Spec BB pistol, that had white lettering on the frame and slide and after watching his video I was able to hide it without difficulty in about 10 minutes, and without damaging the finish.

I know a guy who was using some leather re-colouring balm on one of his holsters and decided to try it on his ASG X-9 with good results. I am guessing that you can get something similar in the US.

Don't know if this link will work, but it is the relevant thread on a UK forum.