• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Removing variables from tuning process - tired eyes and inconsistent trigger pull

Finally have enough accessories to aid in the tuning of my RAW HM1000x.LRT air rifle in .30 caliber. Ransom adjustable front and rear rests, Ransom remote trigger, Trigger Cam to allow hands free aiming off of rests.

For tuning purposes bypassing on gun regulator with supply regulated by dual air regulator tethered to 97 cubic foot carbon fiber tank (300 bar).

Still need to have a final remote trigger mount, but rummaged through the parts bin and came up with a temporary solution.

Air regulator for RAW HM1000x.jpg

RAW HM1000x Ransom Rest and trigger TriggerCam.jpg

Los Angeles Rifle and Revolver Club (3).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pan60
It really does not bother me, but I do like the cleaner lines of moderators from AZ and others. I want to see if I can get this rifle to shoot slugs well, if not I'll keep it as a pellet gun. Still lots of tests to run.

I'm considering a purpose built slug gun like the FX Panthera or the Epic 2. Have to wait and see the fallout with FX USA going into Chapter 11 and reviews of the Epic 2 when they become available.

Pretty cool setup, but for me, the tuning process is not just for the gun but also for the person shooting it so I will continue set my gun up in the same manner that I am going to be shooting it.

But then again, If you tune it perfectly with the variable of human error removed, then I guess you really have narrowed down where to look when there is an accuracy problem later on.:unsure:

Reactions: Smitty911