Removing stuck air reservoir.

I couldn't get the end off the very polished tube off my Air Arms S410. Strap wrenches wouldn't grip it.

So I cut pieces off the wrench to pad the tube in several places and clamped it in my workbench's end vise. Like one of these https://www.rockler.com/12-quick-release-end-vise 

Lots of surface area from the multiple pieces of strap and even pressure worked for me.

Well, that rifle normally requires a 1/4 to 1/2 turn unscrew of the bottle, then cock and shoot a few times to release pressure, so you can then unscrew the bottle. If you can’t get the initial half unscrew, try shooting the air out until the bottle is totally empty. That would relieve any pressure that may be holding it in place. Then have your way with the bottle safely.

I use wooden v blocks with a rubber or leather pad and rosin powder in a vise to grip stubborn tubes. I find the strap wrenches and connector pliers not powerful enough for really tight ones. The rosin powder is available at any sporting goods store that sells baseball supplies. It's in a little bag that pitchers use to dry their hands. It REALLY makes a difference on grip and is easy to clean plus non marring.

Bob

About four layers of electrical tape spread out to about an 1 1/2” wide, then take a hose clamp and tighten till it feels just secure. Then try tapping on the hose clamps 5/16” bolt head with a brass punch and hammer. If the hose clamp moves and not the tube, tighten the hose clamp a wee bit more. A reference mark on hose clamp to electrical tape will tell you if you don’t have it tight enough.

Make sure and do this set up close to where the air tube threads into the gun, and not way out towards the muzzle. This should break loose the sieze on it.

you can also put your channel locks on the hose clamp, and use that hose clamp bolt head as the grip to turn it.